What is the House of Leaves of video games?

What is the House of Leaves of video games?

Attached: House-Leaves-Mark-Danielewski[1].jpg (2048x2762, 250.3K)

Fossil Fighters Champions

Something extremely popular and normalfag that people have somehow convinced themselves is niche -- Souls garbage fits.

Umineko

You sure are fucking mad over a book.

Self-indulgent overstuffed bullshit?
Kojimbo games.

Omori fits more

I think that I've read 4/5 of the book until they left the house and I just dropped it.
Don't remember who recommended it to me when I said that I loved note-taking in old CRPGs and LaMulana but I just got what seemed like a Stephen King-like horror novel.
I don't remember any details about the story either, just the crippled black dude and someone dying.

Probably the Middens trilogy.

>extremely popular
I can count the number of people aware of even the basics of House of Leaves or the Familiar on my fucking hands with fingers left over. Get fucked.

>151k ratings on goodreads
It's very, very popular.

It's popular the way Earthbound is popular. Everyone knows it, but how many people have actually experienced it front to back?

but it's not a horror novel, it's a love story

It's popular sure, but there are very few who have actually READ it all the way through. They just know the name.

Dunno, never played a game this terrible.

Howdy, newfag.

I picked up this book in an attempt to strike up conversation with a chick I was into
It didn't work

Attached: gigachad.jpg (600x723, 97.98K)

Did you like the book at least?

>newfag
I have almost certainly been here longer than you, board tourist.

Then why are you posting the chad pic?

I made it about halfway through; it was okay
Though i'm not much of a reader so i got bored

A videogame that uses metafiction to play with the structure of a video game, and is sorta pretentious?

The Beginner’s Guide, maybe?

Why didn't they just leave the house after the weird stuff starts happening?

I heard one of the Silent Hills was based on it, but I only played the first two and they certainly weren't
>I think that I've read 4/5 of the book until they left the house and I just dropped it.
Navidson goes back

Some tried. Redwood still got them.

It was an expensive house, you know?

cause later on i found her on tinder with her hair all shaved off, asking for a poly relationship
in short, bullet dodged

The same reason Truant keeps working on the book despite the paranoia. Curiosity.

Marathon Infinity

Does this book have an actual meaning I didn't get or is it just a story about a whiny faggot being a whiny faggot?

Attached: images (84).jpg (402x647, 44.7K)

Cruelty squad

and mental illness.

The later, it's supposed to be a mirror for the reader so he can feel embarrassed if he act like Holden

Who is the Evan Dara of vidya?

Attached: the-lost-scrapbook-pdf.jpg (575x980, 63.31K)

reminder that everything written from Johnny's perspective is actually written by his insane mother as an imagined life for her son that died in infancy

"ecce puer"

>4/5 of the book
whyd you quit there? the rest of the pages are blank lmao

>the beginner's guide
>only "sorta" pretentious
lol

It’s a book about alienation and frustration, and how kind-hearted people get shaped by an impersonal society into shiftless cynics and assholes. It’s telling that most people’s interpretation of Caulfield is as a whiny cunt, when his inner monologue reveals him to be extremely sympathetic and compassionate and it’s meant to stand in contrast to his outwardly tantrum-throwing behavior.