I finally got around to playing this game, it was pretty good. What are all the reasons Any Forums hates it

I finally got around to playing this game, it was pretty good. What are all the reasons Any Forums hates it

Attached: E0FkJmEUcAM7hGN.jpg (1920x1080, 405.65K)

>within 5 minutes you're roasting redditmallows

Attached: 1603816847801.gif (275x154, 1.83M)

Who are you quoting, nigtard?

I enjoy it but a lot of criticisms hold weight. Specifically about how reddit-tier the humor is. The shitty mcu jokes take away from the atmosphere and some of the puzzles are fucking obnoxious like the one where you need to fly into a tornadoes center but only a very specific one with no visual clues for it.

DLC was shit

Attached: 1644316553795.png (1300x900, 964.08K)

Outer Wilds is the ultimate NPC test. NPCs do not have the curiosity drive that makes them want to explore and discover things of their own volition. There are no immediate dopamine rewards that most games have, like cosmetics, unlocks, and leveling up. You play because you want to explore and uncover the mystery, NPCs are physically incapable of doing this.

>thread every 30 minutes
Don't you get tired shilling your walking sim, dev?

i started playing it yesterday and im not too sure what im supposed to do. i didnt really read any of the dialogue but i went into the 1st planet i saw which is 2 small connected planets spinning and i died when i touched a cactus thing. seems like a walking simulator game

It's a bit gay and the world is uninteresting

>What are all the reasons Any Forums hates it
the reason is that it's a very good game

>What are all the reasons Any Forums hates it
They think Outer Worlds and Outer WIlds are the same thing. That's about it.

Puzzle games are boring

Attached: images (68).jpg (593x517, 21.28K)

>frogposter is a brainlet
Yep.... This checks out.

Need to read the dialog user, it's full of hints.

Basically, explore all the planets, figure out all the puzzles you can. Then once that's done look at the computer for unsolved mysteries.

>Puzzle games are boring

Attached: FarflungFeistyIberianlynx [FarflungFeistyIberianlynx].webm (320x240, 298.08K)

>no visual cues for it
Except the fact it's spinning in reverse? That seems like a pretty big visual clue to me.

it's widely considered to be an incredible game which means the contrarians on this board are obligated to hate it, thats basically the whole reason

It's spinning in the other direction and this actually follows every other environmental problem in the game - if you can't figure it out yourself, the answer is written down somewhere in the system.

>im not too sure what im supposed to do
>i didnt really read any of the dialogue but

It's the type of game you can't enjoy until you try to enjoy it.

It's extremely handholdy, the writing is godawful, and the puzzles are all on the level of "wait a minute, that card!" There's no actual challenge to the exploration and the entire game boils down to following instructions written on a series of signs.
It's a dumb person's idea of what a game for smart people should be.

What do you mean, prior to the DLC releases, it's all "this game is amazing! This game changes my life! I wish I can forget ablut this game to experience it for the first time again! " In the op all the time, at least people are actually discussing the game with some bait here and there

The going stealth around space fish part is a bit of challenge