Rabi-Ribi

- Starts as a metroidvania with truly non-linear exploration and satisfying item and ability progression.
- Best bosses in any platformer, simultaneous use of melee+magic, where you have to find the attack window to stagger the boss. You have to utilize every ability in your arsenal. Bullet hell. Boss strength partially scales off your stats, keeping fights balanced regardless of play order. Game looks cute but it's first and foremost very solid game.
- Wacky nonsensical dialogue to justify having to fight every character (kind of like Touhou)
- All cute girls, no males, yuri elements (with satisfying conclusion), light fanservice, but mostly wholesome and innocent tone
- Loli fairy companion with funny tsukkomi dialogue
- Convoluted mystery plot with past, universes, memories etc. with bittersweet tones, otherwise heartwarming slice of life
- Post-game content and post-post-game content with even more layers to the story, more and more insane bosses for insane people (all story content is humanly playable at a reasonable difficulty setting)
youtube.com/watch?v=XOSKMfvX4_o
- By the way here's a more reasonable mid-game boss:
youtube.com/watch?v=D_Ao98AwvUQ
- Official art and CGs are actually nice
files.catbox.moe/5x9pjm.jpg
- Memorable and banger soundtrack.
youtube.com/watch?v=93t7ZZmTwDM

Downsides:
- Perhaps too slice of life and useless dialogue at most times, but at least it's lively.
- (Post)-post game lacks progression and exploration.

60% sale on Steam, you won't regret it

Attached: 612667311_preview_Cocoa.jpg (1366x768, 257.23K)

Based Rabichad. Truly /our game/.

Don't listen to OP.
- Does nothing interesting with exploration. You'll only be wondering where to go and fighting filler enemies.
- Linear level design. Collect powerup, go forward.
- Bosses are trial and error without the fun parts. Also can't see shit half the time.
- Horrible, grating dialogue. Just skip it.
- Girls are terribly designed. Go play Touhou if you want cute girls.
- Obnoxious Japanese "humor". Tsukkomi has never been funny
- Game only gets somewhat challenging post-game. But why would you continue playing an awful game after you beat it?
- No story.
>you won't regret it
Fucking liar. This was easily one of the most forgettable and lazily-made games I've ever tried.

Attached: pillar.jpg (1280x720, 170.65K)

Where's the sequel and what the fuck were those secret items?

This, buy Skyrim instead.

i quit this game because i was just spamming a through all the text and one of them was like "do you want to switch to hard mode lol" and i spammed yes before i caught it and it wouldn't let me go back

What a faggot. You just have shit taste.

Unbased retard.

>uninspired anime artstyle
No thanks

Attached: connect_four_no_go_away.png (744x744, 1.2M)

Rabbi Ribbi

This, imagine if Bethesda made Rabi-Ribi and fixed all the glaring issues wrong it it.

>- Does nothing interesting with exploration.
sounds like someone was filtered by the reverse walljump LMAO

Attached: 1632593209834.jpg (1024x1024, 456.14K)

>he plays pedo games for the story

How to torture yourself, part 1:
0% BEX

>game wrecks his anus for not paying attention
>p-pedo game!

Attached: 1657222085861.jpg (350x510, 148.56K)

More fairies should dress like Ribbon

Attached: 1626419178033.jpg (708x1000, 516.39K)

>yuri elements (with satisfying conclusion)
This is a downside tho

Only if you have absolute shit taste. But we're on Any Forums, so I understand.

Yuriniggers are the only ones with shit taste. No yuri media has ever been good besides Utena.

for me it's the yellow one

Yeah man bitches turning into cars is peak storytelling.

Absolutely based beyond reason, rabi-ribi is the kind of dogshit weebs put up with because it has some stupid kawaii uguu shit, I wouldn't recommend this sorry excuse of a metroidvania even if it was free.
Map design is shit, character progression is shit, combat is the same 4 fucks copypasted for 90% of the game, the dialogue is absolute cancer, if this exact game had a castlevania aesthetic NOBODY would even try to defend it.

Any doubter pirate it and see for yourself

Nanoha?

No one takes me seriously when I tell them that this is one of my favorite games ever. People look at the artstyle, assume it is some RPG maker H-game, and just move on. The game is absolutely fantastic. The gameplay is so good, the map design is wonderful, and I adore the soundtrack. It's sad how many people get filtered by the artstyle.

Attached: 1656595349138.jpg (1200x1500, 252.86K)

very good rabbit poster

Attached: cutewizard.png (835x700, 806.35K)

I'm actually glad normalfags get filtered by the art. It means it will forever remain semi-niche.

I don't mind it being niche. I just want the developer to succeed because the game deserves more recognition. There are so many indie metroidvania games out there, and this game is one of the few that actually has compelling design. I will buy the sequel day one and have been waiting for it for so long now...

Attached: 1656626368154.jpg (900x1500, 1.01M)

Then you can just play the touhou metroidvania that came out a while ago, which does every single thing rabi-ribi tries to do, but is a good game on top of it.

Never finished it but I got a good 20-30 hours out of it. The map was a lot bigger than I was expecting and I thought the boss fights were a lot of fun, though I did feel like my damage output was a bit low. Good game that I hope to go back to and finish some day but I just haven’t gotten around to it.

Ha ha ha no
Good game but not even close to Rabi-ribi's level
Rabi-ribi is in the same tier as super metroid

The games made by that dev (Touhou and Deedlit) are both all style no substance. They are extremely linear with a very unsatisfying progression (DUDE THIS BLUE DOOR WON'T OPEN UNTIL YOU HAVE THE BLUE KEY) and everything they have to offer is made apparent within an hour of the game. They look and sound great, but the gameplay is very barebones. It's amazing how repetitive Deedlit was despite being so short.

You really have to learn to combo if you want to play the harder difficulties. You pretty much can't kill bosses on Hell or higher unless you build up to at least a B combo.