The indie market is completley oversaturated, even if you made a game, only 5 people would find it

The indie market is completley oversaturated, even if you made a game, only 5 people would find it

Attached: channels4_profile.jpg (900x900, 194.09K)

Budget for marketing.
Or shill it here for free.

Yup, being a game dev is a thankless job for most

Not true?

i feel sympathy for you unless you were making an earbound inspired quirky pixel art indie adventure

Isn't this why most of of the good ones start off with kickstarters ? I don't think many serious game devs do what the dude who created cave story did.

Not wrong, but maybe they're also aware of how shitty and cheap it is and don't bother spending the rest of their budget on marketing. The good ones usually gets coverage and highlighted regularly.

Attached: q0dt5son5lt81.png (1648x1492, 757.87K)

not news

So? A good game will still be a good game. Yours will most likely be shit btw.

>only 5 people would find it
And that's a good thing

only if you make something mediocre or uninspired. indie doesnt have to mean sidescroller jumpnrun ouzzle

I suggest you take a look on steam and see how many games there actually are on steam that no one played

Those games are trash.

Some of them aren't, gold buried in dogshit.

>Some of them aren't, gold buried in dogshit
Even less true

>Even less true
[citation needed]

You better post evidence of existence of that buried gold

Just make a game with a big tiddy protagonist user.

I'm not even joking. Look at the success Haydee and Dead Estate had. No one would have heard of them otherwise.

Attached: cordelia.jpg (1387x1080, 99.27K)

truth is that one person alone can make something resembling a flash game
maybe a bit more advanced, but not much
i played hundreds of those for free when flash was a thing, now you shmucks want me to pay for them when im tired of them anyway

another hard truth is that even indie games are extremally formulaic for the most part

This. Just exploit human weaknesses if you're devving for money rather than for an idea

nah, exploiting coomers is already failing
turns out that when too many people get the same idea even coomers start to get picky

I really love the games Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines and Deus Ex, they are some of my favorite games. I would love to play an indie game that is similar to them. Does anybody have any recommendations?