Battle For Azeroth was a better expansion than Shadowlands and I'm tired of pretending it wasn't

Battle For Azeroth was a better expansion than Shadowlands and I'm tired of pretending it wasn't.

Attached: 71uL88SK7vS._AC_SY500_.jpg (353x500, 55.21K)

weird flex but ok

themes etc? yes
gameplay? no

who the fuck plays WoW for the gameplay?

I do! Like 50%, maybe more.

Clear bait.

corruptions were way more fun than any of this end game shit they have going

>this 1.5/10 expac is better than that 1/10 expac

BFA started off dogshit, but ended being pretty fun.
Shadowlands started off lukewarm and ended lukewarm.

Key difference is that, unlike legion or BFA, shadowlands doesn't have the over-the-top final tier scaling where everyone is doing stupid numbers. Legion's double legendary and fully unlocked artifacts, as well as BFA's corruption gear and essences, basically turned even the most casual player into a steamroller. All shadowlands is getting for its final season is an ilvl bump and the privilege to run old content.

It was a slot machine crap wf raiders spended money to get the gear to beat nya m+

corruptions should've just been trinkets but they needed a 12th level of gear rng, fucking cancerous system that creeped dps 10x in one patch

Wrath > TBC > Vanilla > Warlords > Shadowlands > Battle > Cataclysm > Legion > Pandaria

I came back in to play modern WoW after giving Classic a go (haven't played since Cata) and goddamn what is going on with the class system? Every class kind of plays the same

>Legion's double legendary and fully unlocked artifacts
Came in EN
Also Shadowlands got retarded tier in the last patch with some specs like destro and survival just tripling their damage from it

dragonflight will fix every gameplay/system/progression complaint from legion + bfa + shadowlands, i don't see how it can fail

Bait

because people dont really care about the systems
see: everyone praising legion which had RNG shit legendaries and AP but crying about the same thing in BFA

Path 8.3 with buyable corruptions was actually really nice, I never had so much fun in WoW as when I maxed out stats with corruptions on all pieces of gear, felt like cheating. I could literally carry epic bg by myself and end up with 200+ killing blows.

Attached: wow_corruption_haste.jpg (245x178, 19.57K)

more like half of people only remember the first patch because they unsub after that, the other half only remember the last patch, making it impossible for these two groups to come to consensus

Yes they do. They complain because 99% of the system they add are initially horseshit, and are either made good after the fact (M+, Legion Legendaries) or are just deleted from the game (Azerite gear, domination sockets). People praise legion for legendaries because they're basing it off their experience post-tomb when acquisition was largely fixed, or praise AP because at that point you got 10 trillion for just sneezing. BFA gets shit on for AP because they completely reverted on its acquisition, and also tied it to something that was significantly less interesting or fun than an artifact weapon.

Have we gotten far enough away from BFA that we are saying it was "good" now?

you can pretty easily go to wowhead and filter comments by 7.x and see everyone bitching constantly, mostly about time gates

WoW hasn't been good since Cataclysm, change my mind.

Definitely bait. I refuse to believe someone's taste is this bad. Here's a (You) for getting me to respond.

>playing retail
What the fuck?

Thanks for putting into words what I felt was missing from Shadowlands. Just even more proof of how fucking shitty that expansion it is.

>People praise legion for legendaries because they're basing it off their experience post-tomb when acquisition was largely fixed
It wasnt even touched until 7.3.5
Tomb was when you gambled on broken shore items then hated yourself if you did other content and reset your bad luck protection early for some shit legendary
>or praise AP because at that point you got 10 trillion for just sneezing. BFA gets shit on for AP because they completely reverted on its acquisition
They changed it from amping up the AP gained to lowering the cost to level, functionally the same without the d3-tier number inflation that players literally complained about
And end of BFA had targetable essecnes (they were always targetable actually), Azerite and Corruption yet doesnt get the pass Legion did that even at the end had pure RNG for the NLC
There is exactly 0 consistency in the complaints

Nah better than shadowlands doesn't mean good.

wowhead comments are a worse barometer for community opinion than even Any Forums. Imagine the type of subhuman that would create an account on that website in order to then comment on posts, and then ask yourself if you'd trust such an entity's views on anything.

The only correct expansion ranking.
Any predictions where Dragonflight will end up?

Attached: 1614614945263.png (1064x467, 278.04K)

MoP was actually great. The pandas were dumb but Mists was super fun.

>RNG shit expansion GOOD
>RNG shit expansion 2 BAD
legionfags need a bullet in their skull
Youve never had a single independent thought in your life so its not like you would lose anything

fuck off raidshitter, only minmaxers whined about rng in legion, and everything else about that expansion was great

>terrible story
>piss easy open world
>every single post launch dungeon just terrible for m+
>DH single handedly killing PvP