How can something be both effective and unsatisfying to play?

how can something be both effective and unsatisfying to play?

Attached: H.W.G.png (778x778, 354.77K)

I dunno, I'm not always in the mood for Heavy, but there's a simplicity to his gameplay that's good for tuning out to. Like pyro but less faggy

You will play Heavy right now

Attached: hhow to.jpg (4634x2607, 1.78M)

It's because he's painfully slow in a game where most classes have movement tech on top of higher speed

sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do
who else is going to hard counter the 500 hour pyronigger

Attached: inhumane.png (292x296, 143.2K)

its because of the fact you can't deal full damage and have shittier accuracy unless you rev up for a full second which is enough time for someone to duck behind a wall and get away from you, and he only has two miniguns that are even worth considering (stock & tomislav) whilest the others are too situational (natacha & brass beast) or are flat out useless (huo)
AND he's a sniper magnet and considering how many people aimbot without even trying to hide it, its miserable to play heavy today

How soulless does one have to be to find mowing down tiny baby men or bugs with a minigun to be boring?
Now, if you mean in comparison to other classes then fair enough. Scout and Demoman are more fun when played well.

It's often very satisfying as well

>unsatisfying
being a wall of DPS is great

Some people love it. I knew a lot of Heavy mains back in the day. I think that's all you need. You don't need the majority of players to like the class.

I feel like there's too many times where playing heavy is just playing whack-a-mole with overextending enemies, but never really being able to kill them before they can run behind the wall they just popped out from behind

Because he's secretly a support class. He dies easily when stationary and defensive and he's too slow to be useful on full-time offense, but when you deploy him during a push you can wipe out 9 people and win the round.

I knew a lot of Heavy mains back in the day.
So did I. The faggots all got bored of him and stopped playing.

Attached: 33c09387813dea337faef6659ba4333b.jpg (655x623, 36.27K)

back in the day, heavy mains were always the guy who was 35+ and played mostly casually, just sitting around and protecting the intelligence in ctf

>I knew a lot of Heavy mains back in the day
That's a lie, we all know there's no such thing as a Heavy main.

>sniper is allowed two unlocks that hard counter his weaknesses
>*crickets*
>heavy gets a tiny speed boost or something to make him viable
>REEEEEEEEEEE NERF NOW NERF NOW NEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRFFFFF NOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWW

Attached: crackled heavy.jpg (288x288, 13.97K)

Like Zuko got bored of Azula?

>playing heavy
>manage to get behind the enemy team
>become roaming pick class that takes a concentrated effort to take down
heavy. the superior spy.

Attached: maple.png (204x204, 64.08K)

>join game
>pick class I feel like playing for fun
>80% of team is support classes doing nothing
>minimum of 4 snipers
>*sigh*
>picks heavy
>wins game for team

Heavy is the gentleman's class.

Attached: the white man's burden.png (1051x673, 1.09M)

Oh I see you used your incredible speed and survivability to consistently get behind the enemy team?

>consistently
I didn't say that. Sometimes it can just happen.
Obviously not on something like goldrush, but sometimes you get one of the maps that has a portion of it go unused to quite a while in the map, which gives you a place to run and hide.

>Play MvM
>Be both

Attached: dhaqdcd6kec41.png (1000x1000, 317.35K)

>I didn't say that
I know, but that's a big part of being a flanker. Most classes on the flank are destructive, but spy and scout can get their easier and better.

He has great DPS, but no mobility and little-to-no alternate weapons that really change up his playstyle

>not playing huntsman and carrying despite all the naysayers
NGMI

Attached: Sniperarrowstabtauntkill.png (747x964, 296.22K)

>heavy can replace his sandvich with a helmet that makes him immune to headshots
Wud b gud?

heavy's area denial and inability to get finishers on kills makes you more of a tank
it's pretty good when you have a medic tanking you with a crossbow but with randoms it's like playing single player russian roulette

It would be good but I wouldn't call it fun. Sniper is a terrible idea to base on, they shouldn't have the danger shield or the razor back.
Reduce them to mini-crits... maybe?