What are some good games set in the 30's and 40's?

What are some good games set in the 30's and 40's?

Attached: 1519438562.jpg (985x807, 124.4K)

Bump because this board is fucking gay.

Attached: nypl_digitalcollections_skyline_southstreet.jpg (2345x1884, 3.1M)

Urban crime is not a very popular theme in gaming in general. For this kind of setting, I can only think of Mafia 1/2 or L.A. Noire. Maybe something else out there but I'm honestly doubtful

Mafia 1?
Bioshock is inspired by that era, but frankly, Bioshock is kinda shit, and absolutely fails to take advantage of that premise.

I'm sure there are going to be more mafia/prohibition related games, probably management ones too.
There is something called something like "Gangland: Mafia Melting Pot" which was an RTS of sorts...

Mafia 2 takes place a lot later, and as far as I know, so does L.A. Noir.

Bioshock 1 is good, the rest are shit. Love me some 30's art deco aesthetic.

The Saboteur

Mafia 2 has a section in the mid 40s, and L.A. Noire takes place in early to mid 40s.

Doesn't that take place during ww2?

Bayo 1 has city aesthetic, I think.

Call of Duty

Mafia 1 is late 1920's to early 1930's. And by the love of God play the original, not the remake. Mafia 2 is post ww2 and starts in 1950's I believe or late 1940's.

There is also Gangsters 2 which is prohibition years Mafia strategy game.

Attached: Gangsters_2_-_Vendetta.jpg (640x480, 87.11K)

Skullgirls.

when do you think ww2 happened

Late 30's to mid 40's.

Battlefield 2042

In vietnam

Attached: 1655064973804.gif (320x383, 2.85M)

How's architecture in the US these days? Do good designers still exist, what about design school at large?
Art Deco is a great style.

I fucking love L.A. noire because of the car selection. 30's and 40's cars were so beautiful.

Attached: Cadillac-V16-Aero-Dynamic-Coupe-1.jpg (1723x1366, 522.75K)

NYC's current skyline is cancer, it's all soulless modernist trash.

>Bioshock 1 is good, the rest are shit. Love me some 30's art deco aesthetic.
Being also a fan of this aesthetics is exactly why I think Bioshock fucking SUCKED. The art direction of that game was an absolute mess, terrible especially in regards of building any sense of proportion and scale. It was so laughably tiny, illogical and claustrophobic, not once did it feel like an actual place, or actually representing that era's aesthetics. It was a bunch of ugly tiny corridors that lead from nothing to nothing, which is literally the worst environment to represent the absurdly grandeose ethos of the art deco movement.

Bioshock was good on paper, but the 7th gen tech and standards absolutely killed any potential it may have had.

I forgot about the flashback segment, but I'm pretty sure L.A. Noir takes place a good while after WW2, which would put it to very late 40's, more likely early 50's at the earliest.

Chicago is modern Deco.

LA Noire is 47 or so

For me it's the colt monitor.

Attached: 2586.jpg (1600x900, 76.49K)

>How's architecture in the US these days? Do good designers still exist, what about design school at large?
Frankly, architecture is in a toilet world-wide right now. Genuinely, modern architecture is a fucking cancer for the absolute, vast majority of it.
The utter lack of values, ideals, motivations and other coherent elements in modern era translates into architecture being at best completely misguided, at worst just insultingly lazy.
Functionalism was the last coherent architectural trend of the last century, not counting isolated and tiny movements like the Japanese Metabolism. All of which also just failed, because turns out the whole idea of architectural avant-garde past the 20's was broken from the start.

>but I'm pretty sure L.A. Noir takes place a good while after WW2, which would put it to very late 40's, more likely early 50's at the earliest.
It's set in 1947 you crank. Military surplus shipments hijacked immediately after the war ended are the driving force for the entire fucking plot. Why pretend to know anything about a game you've never even played?

The game is absolute fucking garbage, so sorry for not memorizing ever detail of it.

I wonder if some old styles will ever get a resurgence.

>every detail
no pal, basic facts. Stop pretending you play games, you dilettante