A good RPG instead of just a good Pokemon game

>a good RPG instead of just a good Pokemon game
they need to do this again for real, remaster it and sell it back to Switch owners maybe?

Attached: temp.jpg (872x615, 131.39K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/FgBgsPFQNKY
youtu.be/-4M0pHemBEg
youtu.be/ov3l_JCJwLg
youtu.be/9Xqnz_xFN0Y
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

this game is my childhood, good times

I completed it to get Ho-Oh on Emerald. Found it boring.

Colosseum is extremely bad and it’s so weird seeing people nostalgia for it

it's not nostalgia, it's just a preference for actual encounter design rather than "press A to win until the gym requires you to catch a water type" and a story which isn't an excuse which the developers themselves don't give a single fuck about

>remaster
Kill yourself disgusting sub human

that describes gen 3 in general. colosseum did have some kickass music though

Emerald is one of if not the best pokemon game though.

Was pokemon X D better

Just shows how bad mainline Pokemon games are

Dude come on the story is just “dark Pokemon” which every fucking game at that time was doing with a nonsensical surprise villain and the gameplay is only hard if you are unfamiliar with Pokemon just like mainline games. But unlike mainline games it doesn’t benefit from the fun of building your own team and map design is basically tiny areas crammed with shitmon trainers

yeah, upscale the textures using AI, and add some post processing effects. make it modern, use raytracing on charizard's flamethrower, ect

I've always described it to people who've never played it as the best 25% of a finished game in the Pokemon series.

>which every fucking game at that time was doing
yeah but nothing does it now, it's a product of its era, a time capsule, to a better time

gameplay-wise yeah, but the protagonist is really lame compared to edgelord and tummygrill from Colosseum

for sure

Masuda will need to die for tht to have a chance of happening

XD is worse with its near constant ambushes.

I've not long finished it and quite enjoyed it. Very battle heavy, so I did kinda miss the other elements of traditional pokemon games, but it was pretty fun

Do you ever think they do this shit out of pride?
I mean BDSP seemed almost deliberately sabotaged because they didn't want anyone upstaging them.

>XD

extremely bad is still better than the trash Gamefreak shits out.

Attached: 1640146261584.gif (540x304, 2.44M)

>First battle at the outpost with Espeon/Umbreon

They could not have started that game more perfectly, the animations were smooth, the music was great, the opening sequence got you hyped for the MC. Also the only time double battles were fun.

Literally the only problem is the animation length.

The composer is still thinking about the game in somewhat recent time at first (4 years ago uploaded this). Don't think we'll ever get a remaster sadly, but it's a pretty good game.
Pokemon is pretty simplistic for an RPG, but doubles really is the patrician format. A lot of the trainers in the game had some semblance of a strategy, even if it's kinda basic for competitive Pokemon.
youtu.be/FgBgsPFQNKY
On a side note, The Under's theme FUCKS
youtu.be/-4M0pHemBEg
I live for this kind of shit.

yeah, it's ridiculous that animations and effects still take years to go through even in 2022. Do we really need to wait for all this crap?

Attached: BDSP.webm (720x404, 2.92M)

The moves themselves are pretty quick in the newer games, it's all the extra shit that drags it on, along with them being incredibly lazy. Every turn in Colosseum takes about 30 seconds to complete.

I never got a gamecube as a kid and missing out on Colosseum hurt. I'd been playing Pokemon on the gameboy since day 1, played the shit out of Stadium 1 and 2 on the N64 but I never got a look in at Colosseum. What's the actual format of the game?

user that's not Pyrite Town
youtu.be/ov3l_JCJwLg

>>a good RPG instead of just a good Pokemon game
It's a bad RPG and a bad Pokemon game.

Attached: 1a.png (1244x852, 572.02K)

I don't remember being stopped in Pyrite town so twin tails could go on a 20 minute cutscene gushing about sand malasadas

This is like the max number of interactions in a turn, insanely cherry picked
And honestly if this happened to me as a kid I would have been hyped lol

>this is okay because I say so
whatever chud. The only thing keeping colloseum from being literally perfect(as far as a standard pokemon game could ever get) is an animation skip button.

Love me some Pyrite Town. Love me some Under. Love me some Semifinal Battle. The whole soundtrack is a gem. Apparently Tsukasa Tawada wrote the majority of it in like 2 weeks.
youtu.be/9Xqnz_xFN0Y

That's a pretty big concession considering it probably wouldn't be anywhere near as annoying if the battles weren't so numerous, which is a fault of the game at large.