Go to local shop called The Exchange just to browse

>go to local shop called The Exchange just to browse
>See shit like Link to The Past for $60 and a Dreamcast in a shitty, torn box for $250

Is it just me, or is the "retro games" bubble going to burst soon? I mean, with prices like that, who the hell is buying this shit? How is your local used vidya store, anons? Is it a complete rip-off or have you found some good deals?

Attached: sega-dreamcast-standard-us-box-2-front-1553429277-4.jpg (1920x1480, 519.02K)

There are a lot of losers out there. Look at people that spend money on figs of CCGs

My 40 year old brother “collects” retro games.

He even put it on his job resume.

Attached: B91AE2D3-EC42-44C4-913F-BE21591219FE.jpg (640x480, 33K)

they will as people age and lose interest in the nostalgia. NES has fallen a lot in recent years, for example

Only bubble that's going to burst is yours, unfortunately.
Look, I've got a whole lot of experience with Magic the Gathering under my belt, especially within the timeframe of secondhand prices skyrocketing. Here's the issue - this crap is entirely self-sustaining. Vultures buy stuff and then sell it at a higher price because line goes up. Other vultures, thinking they can win big on this game, buy that stuff at the inflated price and then sell THAT at markup. And so on. It's literally just vermin endlessly selling to each other along with the occasional honest sap who wants to buy something for sentimental reasons or to actually use it and ends up getting played by the system.

>Magic
Fuck of Rudy.

I saw a copy of Pokemon black 2 WITHOUT a case for 100 dollars, a used copy of FEAR3 for 60 dollars despite 1 and 2 being 7 dollars and a sega dreamcast collection disc for xbox 360 for 50 bucks despite being beat to shit and incomplete. All of this around 1 month ago. Ridiculous.

Shit like Balloon fight is like $50 now when you used to be able to get a lot off ebay with 20 games for that price, what do you mean?

gaming will get more popular and supply of this stuff will continue going down

I see the PS2 and Gamecube game collecting scene as the last bastion of overpriced vidya selling. Once those zoomers and millenials who have a fondness for those lose interest, it's over. I mean, no one is going to be selling a used copy of Gears of War 2 or Dark Souls for big bucks anytime in the future. The gouging won't exist the future for sure.

>He even put it on his job resume.

Attached: 1586975125118.png (723x677, 89.1K)

its just collectors selling to other collectors nobody who actualy wants that shit buys it when they see what it costs. They emulate or move on.

Chrono Trigger will be below 15 dollars again in your lifetime.

I quickly sold off my consoles when an emulator came around that could emulate the games I wanted to play. I haven't looked back. I foresee the retro gaming market to go the way of the Coca cola collecting market, to just stagnate and have the console makers still cater to them while they keep hoping that eventually their day will come.

Boys Town?

>the Coca cola collecting market
the what now

>The gouging won't exist the future for sure.
there are literally games for current gen consoles that are already super expensive.
yonawari night alone and its sequels are already over $100 for both switch and the PS4.
Godzilla, Attack on Titan and the Berserk games are also super expensive.

Pictured is a selection of consoles at a game shop I found in Long Island, I think these are pretty fair prices.

Attached: 20220731_143313.jpg (4080x3060, 3.83M)

I feel bad for americans if this is what a "fair price" looks like.
an OG xbox for over $100, a 360 slim for $120 ?
fuck that shit.

considering pokemon gba games in the US are $100+ it's kinda alright

All of these are 40 bucks in my local mercadito

>I think these are pretty fair prices.
Because you stole them you black son of a bitch? Give it back, jamal.

I actually think I know that exact game shop though, and if it's the one I think it is fuck them, overpriced cunts.

Attached: 1654559379946.jpg (600x625, 27.63K)

The box, as shitty and torn as it may be, ups the price. I don't even wanna know how much an N64 in box costs.

what store? I have been looking for a new Saturn, my disk drive is starting to fail

>He even put it on his job resume

Attached: 1648293106067.gif (379x387, 69.73K)