What comes next?

The Nintendo Switch is now 5 years old, meaning it's (likely) nearing the end of it's lifespan. Or is it? What would you do, Any Forums? Do you make a successor console? Do you completely scrap the docked handheld concept? Or do you take the smartphone route of intermediate hardware upgrades every few years, potentially keeping the console fresh?

Attached: file.png (1600x1600, 691.09K)

It doesn't have any sibling incest games on it. What a worthless piece of junk.

I imagine it’ll be switch 2 or something, after the Wii U I can’t imagine them returning to a fully at home home console

Nintendo doesn't compete against the PlayStation and Xbox anymore, Nintendo will milk this thing like they milked the Game Boy.

Their next hardware will be a stronger Switch, like the Game Boy / Game Boy Color scenario. They're not going to drop the Switch's hybrid concept because a fullblown handheld with a "Switch 2" power would be unviable (size, autonomy, etc), it's not going to be a fullblown console either because it would be eaten alive by Microsoft and Sony in this market segment.

This. There's no way Nintendie goes generational after the Switch again, it's too lucrative

I hope they just make an improved Switch. I barely play in handheld mode but I love that I can. The first year I got my Switch, I had an old projection lamp TV. The colors were a little distorted and the screen was dark because it needed a new lamp but I didn't want to spend $200 to get a replacement lamp. I didn't bother to play any games on it so handheld mode came in handy during that time. Nintendo would be foolish if they didn't just make a better Switch. I'm worried that they'll be dumb about this.

Switch PRO

>le it isn't competing with sony and microsoft cope
lol

>it's not competing with ms or sony!
>but if they make a console they will get mogged by ms and sony
what did he mean by this

they cant make the console too powerful, how will gamefreak release 3 pokemon a year ?

They're gonna avoid another Wii U fiasco at all costs, so anyone thinking it'll have 'switch' in the name is retarded
Almost as retarded as nintendo if its not backwards compatible

It's factually if they were competing they would stop making games and start making cinematic walking movie simulators.

Anyone know some good eshop games?

The gameboy lasted 9 years and was only replaced by a small largely optional color successor.

I hear Mario is pretty good

Also Zelda

Yeah there's no way they aren't going to just make another Switch. They aren't going to drop the handheld market that they have all to themselves. I just hope it's backwards compatible with the first system (especially with carts).

Nintendo is almost certainly going to sell a VR console at some point. I don't believe the hardware is cheap enough yet, so we'll probably see a Switch 2 first. They already have patents that show how the Switch can be inserted into a device that can be strapped to your head for VR. The hardware probably isn't powerful enough right now to be used this way even on Nintendo titles. The Virtual Boy flopped, but it also made your eyes bleed.

Into The Breach.

I would be delaying any plans to launch new hardware until after all of this shortage and global recession shit calms down

Switch 2 in 2023 (follows 2 year hardware release pattern. No new hardware this fiscal year (til march) confirmed.) This will be followed by Steam Deck 2 in 2025.

It literally ended already dumbassio

Isnt there kissles flying around taiwan? The place where most chips are made? Lol?

Missles*

The name will be Switch 2 or Switch Next. Nvidia hack/leak showed they're working on unique DLSS for it. And there was a Nintendo corporate call a few months ago where they basically stated they're working on the next console, and want it to be backwards compatible