Final Fantasy XIV is keeping SquareEnix afloat

eurogamer.net/final-fantasy-14-still-keeping-square-enix-afloat-amid-declining-financial-results

Attached: 8383311.png (959x405, 39.52K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/clip/Ugkx83yC9Lae54zN_6zVEfkpK6-e318rfGJM
youtube.com/watch?v=-tNa_6Rcc3I
twitter.com/AnonBabble

FFXI did the same thing

Interesting. It's not the first time their company and others were kept afloat by 1 reasonable product when their vanity projects kept failing.

Hopefully they'll take it as a message to stop designing sciFi KPOP shit and start going back to soulful games like Crystal Chronicles. I miss chibi square Enix.

Attached: Img_2022_08_05_13_53_17.jpg (864x487, 319.91K)

7Remake sold 10 million copies and 7Rebirth will sell even more than that.

I remember the FFXV schizo saying that FFXIV making square tons of money was just a lie made up by XIV fags. This is like the third report reiterating that FFXIV makes squareenix tons of money.

Attached: patcha.jpg (600x600, 28.86K)

WOOOOW NO FUCKING WAY OP! I COULD HAVE NEVER IMAGINED AMONG THE HEAPS OF TRASH AND BAD DECISIONS THEY'VE BEEN MAKING LATELY!

In all seriousness though imagine the stress on YoshiP's shoulders though of having to carry these worthless AND having to be the """warm, friendly""" face of FF14 among fuckups.

Attached: AmtIZcY.jpg (648x653, 61K)

too bad new world mogs it

>most sucessful game of the company
>1 dungeon per patch

Not just the XV schizo, but the Nomura schizo likes to downplay XIV's success and claim that Nomura is carrying SE. More like he's carrying it to the grave along with his gay lover Nojima.

They make two flops games that wasted more than 200 millions per game because they believe western wake shit.

Of course they sold their western division and decided to stay the hell away from it.

>take a crazy gamble to revive a dead MMO
>with how many other MMO attempts failed it made no financial sense to invest
>Not only did it succeed in being revived it became the first to surpass wow
>Ironically the only MMO to never advertise itself as the mom killer
>This gamble is now keeping the company alive

Attached: Chmomper.jpg (704x756, 79.93K)

>New world
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAAHHAHAHAHAAHAhHahhaahahahahahahHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH

Thanks I needed a laugh.

Attached: vjv2887x8c331.png (600x580, 359.62K)

Get woke go broke. Also bad management decisions, instead of making a movie, it would be better to invest money into polishing of Final Fantasy 15.

Wasnt square suppose to go bankrupt over lightning and 13. Nobody wanted 3 games of her

How the fuck did it become so popular though? Heavensward was apparently excellent yet I never fucking heard of it. I only started paying attention to and playing FF14 during Shadowniggers because it was shilled to hell and back here.

Did you know Warner Bros went under new management to salvage all the shit decisions of the last decade. And you know what the new guy did? Fired all the retarded diversity board members and cancel both the Batwoman and superwoman movies. Which were already done production.

The world is healing.

Attached: Screenshot_20220221-063339.png (766x1297, 777.16K)

13-2 and LR were pretty much made with a lot of asset reuse. I suppose it must've paid off by the end considering they completed the trilogy.

Attached: FFXIII-2_Academia_4XX_AF.png (1920x1080, 3.54M)

Now watch them keep wasting the money FF14 makes into other dead multimedia projects instead of giving the ff14 dev team more budget. Corporate Squeenix is so fucking retarded I have no idea how those environments even manage to function. You have a lead who's braindead and betting on dead NFT shit and you somehow expect the company to keep afloat?

expanded free trial + the competition is orders of magnitude worse

>nervous contrived laughter after hearing uncomfortable truths
like clockwork

>I suppose it must've paid off by the end considering they completed the trilogy.
hmm

Attached: lightningsales.png (831x696, 96.67K)

I dont think having your entire company rely on an MMO is a good idea.

It was around, I started playing during heavensward.
The moment FFXIV became 10/10 and killed wow is here.
youtube.com/clip/Ugkx83yC9Lae54zN_6zVEfkpK6-e318rfGJM

Also 15 was pretty meh. The 7 remake is good but its sad they need to revive an old game to make money.

Did they 2deep4u too much that they cant go any deeper? Whats ff16 gonna be about lol?

They admitted it was only a moderate success and failed to meet sales expectations at the last shareholder meeting

Oh wait you're serious!?

Attached: _b9837a497294d67f3a895ec518d05a7a.jpg (326x314, 33.66K)

Yes. New world's pvp and combat mogs the fuck out of ffxiv.

youtube.com/watch?v=-tNa_6Rcc3I