15 years into development, Beyond Good and Evil 2 gets a new lead writer

>Prior to the move to Ubisoft, Arellano was the narrative designer on Super Evil Megacorp's 2015 MOBA Vainglory (opens in new tab). Her LinkedIn (opens in new tab) account indicates that she also served as a writer at Deep Silver Volition (her Twitter account says she worked on the Saints Row reboot), and as a narrative designer on World of Warcraft at Blizzard.
>"We are very happy to welcome Sarah who is one of the latest recruits on Beyond Good and Evil 2," a Ubisoft spokesperson said in an email sent to PC Gamer.
>"The development team is hard at work to deliver on the promise made to its community."
>As for what it means for Beyond Good and Evil 2, that's anyone's guess at this point.
>The hiring of a new lead writer is the closest thing to a real sign of life we've seen in years (and the Ubisoft rep noted that the company is hiring for other positions at its Montpellier studio (opens in new tab), which is working on the game), but it's also easy to view it as a sign that the whole thing is mired and may well be starting over.
>That's obviously not a great place to be after 15 years of supposed work.

archive.ph YSRZZ
IT LIVES

Attached: Screenshot 2022-08-05 at 19-34-29 15 years into development Beyond Good and Evil 2 gets a new lead writer.png (602x682, 441.54K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-nh6qcfSEg4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Just killed pls, I have no need for another ruined childhood memory.

vaporware or colossal flop. duke nukem

Honestly never should have been announced and I hope ubisoft burns

it might aswell be dead
all the soul devs left and its gonna be peak ubisoft dogshit

Attached: 1637506104756.jpg (250x250, 4.06K)

It's over

Wait till the pig becomes a gay tranny dragqueen who needs Jade to do jobs to fund his MtF bottom surgery.

Just let it go

Isnt this the game ubisoft frogs walked out on stage and started clapping themselves for being so inclusive after showing their sham trailer?
I remember laughing hard.

>announce game with CG trailer and literally nothing else
>promise everything and deliver nothing

Why is this a trend, and why do people keep falling for it.

Something had to replace FF7 Remake for the next game in development hell.

>woman
>worked on saints row reboot
is ubisoft going for the biggest flop of all time?
just let it die at this point

Who the fuck cares about this anymore?

Attached: 1462674918_1446057616870.png (373x309, 204.13K)

Stop calling it 2 when it's a fucking prequel
And fuck prequels

How long did Duke Nukem Forever take?

12 years

15+ Years.
A mate of mine had his original preorder recipt from back when it was first announced laminated and kept it in his wallet, showing it to everyone.
He stopped showing it off when it got released and was a steaming messy turd.

Beyond Late and Irrelevant.

youtube.com/watch?v=-nh6qcfSEg4
i cry every time knowing what couldve been

the only work ever done on this game in 15 years was by the animation studio they commissioned to make that shitty trailer.

Reminder:
>Ubisoft encouraged people interested in the game to create art and music, never specifying how much people were to get paid except that they've "paid the community 3 million" (over the course of 8 years)

>her Twitter account says she worked on the Saints Row reboot
Beyond Good and Evil 2 confirmed to be about paying off your student loans

>BGE2 looks like a pile of red flags
>being a prequel when the first game left us in a over a decade long cliffhanger
>Warrior Withining the game with retarded FUCK DA POLICE retardation that is trying too hard to be edgy whereas the first game was classy as hell
>b-b-but the trailer and the fuckmonkey are not in the game, the game is about creating your own chacter! yes but the tone has obviously shifted
>going for crazy ambitions about making tons of fully planets, getting that Numale Sky impression of a red flag
>Michel Ancel quit the vidya industry
This has a snowball in hell chance of being good. I like the first game a lot but I just see everything being wrong.

>15 years into development

How much of Beyond Good & Evil 2's "development time" has actually been in development and hasn't been just the game bouncing around as a thing on paper while Ubisoft does things that actually make money like Assassin's Creed or Far Cry?
>2008 teaser
>radio silence for an honest to god decade
>game gets reannounced at E3 2017, now a prequel instead of a sequel
>?
>2020: Michael Ancel leaves Ubisoft during the flurry of misconduct allegations against the higher-ups, though mostly alleging he was unorganized and bullying, rather than something on the level of sexual harassment like oher Ubi execs
>Ubisoft puts out statement that Ancel had not been involved with BGE2 for some time
>2022: Beyond Good & Evil 2 gets a writer

It's going to enter the development hell pantheon alongside DNF, FFXV, Cyberpunk and Bioshock Infinite.
If and when it ever comes out, it will be due to an Ubisoft producer saying enough is fucking enough, put together whatever you have into a functional game and launch it, just like those four did; games formed by idea guys who couldn't figure out when to stop playing ideafag and actually develop the game they were supposed to, and then the guys signing the check send in a real project manager to ship it.

Attached: bgae2tease-490w.jpg.cf.jpg (490x276, 20.13K)

Or maybe awesome like Prey 06.

It's so weird that '90s kids treat their obvious protopoz childhood games like they weren't already crudely political

It's time to stop

Unike DNF this hasn't been in development since the previous game. There was a video that leaked that was a teaser, but Ubi Montpellier was not working on this at all. They were working on UbiArt and then used the engine for the Rayman Origins/Legends then the mobile runner games, before that they worked on the King Kong movie game. Ancel was also working on a separate game called WiLD outside of Ubisoft and that got cancelled, so BG&E2 is not in a Duke Nuke Forever situation at all

>narrative designer on dead MOBA
>worked on the Saints Row reboot and as a narrative designer on World of Warcraft at Blizzard
>'IT LIVES'
This is a death rattle, my dude.

Attached: harmed.gif (500x370, 1.88M)

same but with the "gameplay trailer" that we've first seen
can not find it for the life of me now and I know it was mostly scripted but man me 13 or so years ago was so fucking hyped for it