Aliens

Why does the Aliens franchise routinely fail to produce great video games? Does anyone else here want good Aliens games? The last good one came out in 2010 AVP.

Attached: AliensFireteamElite_Crop.jpg (1400x1400, 407.68K)

if you actually sit down and watch Aliens its an incredibly boring and dull film and "fighting the Aliens" is maybe 2% of the runtime. And the sentry guns scenes were only part of the directors cut, not the release version.

just mod amnesia to have alien assets. There, the perfect amnesia game

Okay but this is about the games. The content lore for this franchise is incredible as far great game potential yet we don't get them.

actually the last good one was alien isolation
avp 2010 was a solid ok game but the alien and pred campaigns were like half the length of the marine one

I honestly think this franchise is just damaged goods at this point. Even if it finally started to pump out good games its been a shitty franchise for so long that it will go unnoticed.

The Alien franchise lost me when Covenant retconned the Aliens into being (in a way) human creations.
Alien and Aliens will always be some of my favorite movies ever, and that's all what I'll acknowledge about the franchise.

It seems like sci-fi continuously does this. They don't want their cool monsters to be anything other than scientific creations made by humans or some other species. Shit is ridiculous.

It went to hell when Fox fired David Fincher. As much as I love how fucking weird Jean-Pierre Jeunet's entry was, it sucked as well.

Isolation was literally perfect for an ALIEN game
ALIENS was an action flick, nothing more.
A good movie, but a bad ALIEN movie.

Probably because its an aging franchise, the time to strike whilst the iron was hot was two decades ago, there is zero creativity with it other than the thing everyone knows and not many companies have the budget or the stones to actually follow through on a half decent bug hunt.

Alien Isolation at least had great graphicis. I think a good Aliens game needs amazing graphics and great gunplay. The aliens need to also be tougher. They were too weak in Fireteam Elite. Should be FPS with mostly drone Xeno's that are spooky. Probably should be action survival horror tbqh with co-op and multiplayer.

So make a co-op shooter more like GTFO than L4D, ie more of a focus on difficulty and having complete awareness to not get turbofucked, rather than having it be a run and gun?

>The last good one came out in 2010 AVP
AVP 2010 was middling at best. It's nowhere near as good as the AvP1 or AvP2.

I really like firetime elite, i feel like its kino playing through it co-op a couple of times, they should have shipped it with a timesplitters like level editor though, based on pre defined blocks or something so you could make your own levels and place the spawn points in them, would have gave it way better legs and longevity, because without them shipping new chapters/levels every couple of months its not going to last long.

fireteam elite is honestly pretty alright. nothing special, but I played it for a few weeks with my two buddies and we had a good time. easily would recommend on a sale.

god i fucking hate the console niggers. the sheer amount of lag/rubberbanding and that the contribute absolutely fucking nothing.

Attached: console niggers.jpg (1920x1080, 332.96K)

Is fireteam elite for someone who justs want to play alone?

Attached: 1646809664786.jpg (510x546, 103.69K)

its a co-op shooter

Maybe something like the toughness of the zombies from RE2 as well as Mr X. The Xeno's should be threatening enough. Elite was basically just hordes of the dog variant that doesn't take much shots to kill. So definitely less Xeno's than Elite and L4D. Also make them more intelligent.

It's because the artsy types who manage sci-fi properties are extroverts who exclusively care about human relationships. The only way a story prominently featuring a sci-fi monster can have any emotional impact to them is if the monster is closely tied to humanity somehow, especially the onscreen human characters. This is also why they don't care about internal consistency and freely retcon important details whenever they feel like it; the only thing that matters to them is how the characters feel about each other.

Anyway AvP 1 and 2 were great games, we just need something like those again. It should be simple enough, the first game didn't even have a story.

if you play solo you get a pair of bots. they're kinda shit and not recommended for hard mode. there's some modded ones out there that are good, but you can't do public matches with them.

honestly i like the game, but the crossplay lag, no comms of any kind and an abundance of cosmetic DLC over actual missions really hurts it.

Attached: hudson.jpg (262x288, 14.85K)

It is okay but its lack of budget shows

They said the same thing about DRG and I found it to be fine when played alone

Thanks user, do you have an recs in regards to those mods?

Attached: 1643733073452.png (1186x1019, 1.21M)

>who exclusively care about human relationships
This is exactly what The Thing was built around and it was good, though.

Alien isolation dumb nigger

isolation was shit and the stupid alien "director" was even worse sneaking around games are gay