Is there a bigger historical revisionism than the gamecube?

is there a bigger historical revisionism than the gamecube?
people now see it as nintendo's best console, the peak of gaming and how it shaped the landscape of video games forever
when in reality it was a massive flop and the only influence it had was starting nintendo's obsession with retarded gimmicks

Attached: 1659691815420.jpg (915x733, 130.95K)

It's contrarianism - sold bad so it must be good

People changing their opinions on things isn't revisionism. Nobody is claiming the console didn't underperform.

I loved my GameCube at the time. Some of the games looked really good for the era and despite a small library it had a lot of bangers.
As a supplement to your PS2 it was great. It in no shape or form replaced it however

I'm a Zoomer, grew up on the Wii and even I concede that the GameCube had a better library.

Contrarianism + played by "people" who were born after the gamecube's release. I've seen someone claim the Wii U was only a flop by Nintendo standards.

As with the n64, it was defined by a small number of high quality first party games that in theory could have been experienced on any hardware.

I haven't seen anyone claim that it's the peak of anything other than the Smash series. But then again I don't watch youtube videos like the one you posted.

>gamecube games still being played professionally
smash bros melee
>ps2 games still being played professionally
???
>xbox games still being played professionally
???

>bangers
Of course a GameCube zoomie would say this.

I'm in my 40's and an oldfag user. I'm just english

most people did not have a game cube in the 2000's it was the ps2 and xbox that was popular

>he doesn't know about the R&C3 comp scene
>he doesn't know about the Shrek Superslam scene

I remember it being 3rd place.

Gamecube had a solid library imo but ps2 was just built different.

But the game had some cool stuff on it too, and the fact that Smash Bros Melee withstood 2 decades in the competitive scene is pretty bonkers though I think its finally start to die now.

Is not even historical revisionism, it’s just bullshit. It has a few gems, but so did the dreamcast. Nintendo saw it as a failure because it was a failure.

>built different
Fuck off underage

>this garbage is going to reach the bump limit a second day in a row
God damn this place sucks

>meme games
Who cares.

>all these anti-gamecube threads
What eceleb was it this time?

>no you can't discuss video games on a video game board

the kids who had one have grown to remember it fondly and sales were sufficient to form that kind of generational memory.

Attached: ACTIVATED.jpg (600x712, 31.27K)

>SS
>Meme
Mmmh...

He's literally in the OP

>that one kid who has a Gamecube
"What's Halo?"
"Mario isn't for kids."
"What's an 'on-lyne'? Is that European for gay? LOL!"
"I haven't even been invited to one party. What do you mean 'third'?"
"My console has a handle so I can beat myself to death with it once I see the much larger library of the PS2"
"Every console going forward will only have one analog stick"

Attached: REDDIT_TUMBLR_GAIA_NEWGROUNDS_AHHC_NEOPETS_MAPLESTORY_MABINOGI.jpg (800x800, 229.42K)

What kind of "gimmick" did the gamecube even have? It was basically just a more powerful N64. The Wii is when Nintendo went full retard with the gimmicks and they've never recovered since.

>I’m in my 40s
Sure you are Jayden. Post proof