Finally played ER after 6 months and avoided spoilers

>Finally played ER after 6 months and avoided spoilers
>It's literally just an empty (but beautiful) open world boss rush game
Why was it so hyped? It was just a 7/10 game

Attached: 3841951-eldenring.png (960x960, 1.66M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=T58ofQsK0QI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>boss rush game
I wish.

All the Dark Souls games are boss rushes if you are playing efficiently.
And that's why they're fun.

>Empty
But it's not Botw

Cuz it was hard by normie standards and v anons like feeling superior to normies

Attached: 1651777223269.jpg (960x828, 103.02K)

>>It's literally just [describes what most non autistic people would consider a fun game]
gee i dunno

>Why was it so hyped?
mass viral marketing campaign.

Imo the problem with Dark Souls is that they're leaning more and more into the combat when it was never all that interesting to begin with. Exploration and lore are much more engaging. And while Elden Ring pushed exploration through its open world it still pushes the combat angle really hard through these copypasted bosses

Attached: FSDB7_IaAAAIbEd.jpg (1229x660, 105.52K)

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 8.67K)

So when does this shit stop going for 90 dollars? I'm just curious enough to think about trying it, albeit in the most deliberatly wrong way possible
>Magic spam
>Item spam
>Summon spam
>Modded full co-op
when do they stop wanting full price?

>beautiful
yeah i love looking at green/yellow puke world

>Exploration
Yes
>and lore
Absolutely fucking not

Dark Souls is about the combat, but it's the combat with exploration and level design. You take a shield hallow and put him in a square room, that's boring. You take the same shield hallow and put him in a tight walkway with open air to your left and a rat that will attack you from behind if you don't kill it first or take to long getting past his shield, and not that's interesting.

The problem with Elden Ring is all those enemies just sitting around in what are essentially empty spaces with no level design to back them up or add interesting dynamics. That's why the actual castles and other areas are much better.
A fire drake that just one shots you in an open world would be gay dumb shit. A drake guarding a bridge and gate that you can slip past with patience and the right timing to get onto the bridge and then have them fly away so you can get the loot safely is interesting.

Dammit, *now that's interesting, kek.

>hmmmm i want a big FULL world with lively NPCs, clear and concise quests that lead to character development and accessible, coherent lore...what should I play?

>...A FROMSOFT GAME, OF COURSE!!

how are people this retarded

Elden Ring doing zombies everywhere again was lazy as hell and made no sense, and really does suck as it's supposed to be a different title.
I'll give you concise quests and coherent lore, but the zombies were lame.
Also yes, the open world was very lame.

its their brand and I accept it. I understand if people are tired of it but i also understand that they are known for this setting. I don't play Mario if I want a souls-like experience
I don't play Fromsoft games if I want a world that isn't wrecked by some obscure calamity

Yeah but they could have at least tried. They have multiple sections where they actually say that the guards/soldiers are like real people but then they are actually zombies. That's below Fromsoft expectations.

youtube.com/watch?v=T58ofQsK0QI
new world pvp mogs it

Not him, but Erdtree/grace is fucking up death cycle. Doesn't really matter, you can always easily make some stupid lore reason for gameplay purposes.

Also I personally I enjoyed the open world more than most "living ones" due to how exploration was handled, the zone design. It was more of "make your own adventure", very open ended.

I personally think they wanted to help replayability - you wouldn't do all the bosses, caves and shit in single run, but you'd take different paths and explore differently, so the repeats wouldn't be as bad.
Of course that's not how a lot of people play open world games.

I fuckin wish I hated elden ring as much as you guys. But I can’t stop playing it and I have other new games to play.

>Doesn't really matter, you can always easily make some stupid lore reason for gameplay purposes.
Yeah but at the same time they act like there are normal guards and soldiers. It's dumb. yes they can always write dumb lore explanations, but they also kind of fucked that up. It's like they wanted their to be more normal friendly npcs in their open world but then just ran out of time and said "fuck it, zombies again." That's what it honestly felt like, which isn't my impression from the other games.

>Also I personally I enjoyed the open world more than most "living ones"
That's a side point since it just shouldn't have been open world, or at least, they should have tackled something much more condensed and worked on each area more.
The other games are very replayable comparatively, so if that was their intent, I don't think they succeeded.

>lore is much more engaging

Attached: 1654263386893.png (441x302, 51.56K)

babies first souls

Every new souls games is babies first souls.

ER is one especially because its massive sales brought assload of secondaries

every new souls games brings assloads of secondaries.