Haven't played the first game

so is Cipher like the canon class for the main character?

Attached: POEDeadfireUltimateEdition.jpg (720x1080, 175.08K)

Just play the first and ignore the second

Cipher gave you some quest option in the 1st game that you would miss, unless you had the cipher companion, and some conversation options. In 2nd game every class has good options.

I want to play the game with the pirate setting.

/thread
Why, are you a 6 year old?

How do you beat the first giant sentinel without cheese kiting fucksakes feel like they balanced this one for turnbased mouth breathers

the canon race is the one native to the Deadfire, you unlock a shitton of extra dialogue options. Pretty sure it's something generic like Fighter.

treat it like an MMO user, put your fighter/berserker/tank up front and turn the sentinel away from the rest of your party. When he turns around and motions like he's about to grab someone, just manually move them out of the way and he'll whiff. It's pretty simple once you realize it

Pretty much, yeah.

Will it make sense lore wise if I multiclass Cipher and Paladin?

>so is Cipher like the canon class for the main character?
no user, it's Brute

>everyone tells me to play cipher in PoE
>shit's boring to play and just some rare extra dialogue
>reroll mage
>have a blast and get exclusive content in the dlc with the famous mage
ciphers are a meme

>ciphers are a meme
ciphers are kind of trash in the early game. Once you get disintegrate though they become fucking monsters

Yeah I think so. Paladins in PoE aren't automatically religious zealouts, there are different orders that believe in different things. I haven't played PoE2 so I don't know exactly how well the classes will mesh but lorewise it should be fine.

cipher + mystic background(not all races get it) fits the watcher very well

>can't actually fight Eothas
>can only talk to him
fucking bullshit, I wanted to fight a god

This is not a JRPG.
Also gods are not real.

Attached: 1659704461382069.jpg (960x675, 70.19K)

I played until the end, I didn't say it wasn't effective (although post-nerf), just not very fun to play

can't disagree with you there, definitely wouldn't want to make the MC a cipher

>morgran, woedica, and and 12 mortal priests were enough to make the godhammer and blow up Waidwen
>all the gods together launching everything they have still couldn't stop the adra statue that needs constant souls just to move
eothas incarnation mk.2 has more plot armor than the MC

What are busted classes for thw protag in PoE2?

Berserker/Devotion Fighter multiclass is pretty damn powerful. Combining the berserker rage, damage output and mobility with the survivability of fighter synergizes extremely well

Pally/Fighter is the classic tanky-but-can-still--kill-3-of-you-at-once class.

Instead off Berserker, wouldn't something like a Hellwalker work better?

i played a pure chanter troubadour and it felt pretty stupid. do nothing but summons and you have never-ending meatshields and damage. there's even a passive song that summon skeletons non-stop

figured Pally or Priest would be a better multiclass option with Hellwalker, although I see where you're coming from. The constant recovery from Fighter starts to get diminishing returns once you hit mid-game though

never tried chanter in PoE2. Do you still get the chad voice like the dude in PoE1?