Crypt of the Necrodancer

Is this worth 7 bones?

Attached: necro.png (807x830, 559.15K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-13LUfagQhY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

yeah

Yes.
It's a good idea that works well. The final mission in the campaign is fucking hard though.

Attached: CotN.gif (406x449, 1.4M)

Whats the difference with the amplified pack? Could give it a revist

It's a good game, the "difficulty modes" are different characters that have different gimmicks.
One of the only roguelikes I liked, partially because it doesn't feel like a roguelike.

this lil shit can suck a bag of dicks

fun game though

Attached: Bestiary_coda.png (528x720, 54.32K)

some of the achievements i've seen for this game seem completely insane

anyone play the brand new DLC yet, worth the 6 bucks or nah

I bought the game when it first came out and struggled to get past stage 2.
Recently got to stage 4 and the boss pushes my shit in even knowing the pattern.

What's the amplified pack give?

>it doesn't feel like a roguelike
that's most likely because it's not a roguelike
please educate yourself
youtube.com/watch?v=-13LUfagQhY

amplified was an expansion, had a new zone/music, a new character, and some other stuff
the new new dlc has a bunch of new gameplay stuff but zero new zones/music which sucks

new zone/music/character

>Isaac thumbnail
I am well aware of the differences between roguelikes and roguelites.
Necrodancer has intentionally been designed to play like a /traditional roguelike/, but with an added gimmick that throws the feeling of a traditional roguelike out of the window.

It's the least roguelike "roguelike", or the most roguelike "roguelite". Kinda confusing, but you get the idea.

I still find it incredibly inspiring that this team got hired to make an official zelda game with a bunch of very fun DLC alongside it.

Amplified adds a new stage after 4 and gives you an alternate starting character that's not some retarded challenge stuff.
Synchrony, the new things, adds a bunch of new characters and items, one of them lets you possess any enemy and use it to attack

Attached: file.png (1920x1080, 1.57M)

many people love it but i honestly don't understand why
it sucks as a rhythm game because you always beat it to the same rhythm and it sucks as a roguelike because you don't really have the time to think and plan your move and there's no shit like "i cast polymorph on the dangerous monster that will kill me in one hit" so i'm really not sure who's the audience for the game other than "wacky indie game that's not like those mean big AAA games"

It's the most roguelike roguelite game out there, even the flowchart that tries to classify roguelites into their corresponding genres arbitrarily skips a step for Necrodancer to call it a fucking hack and slash or something

I just noticed but you need the new DLC to play online? That's kinda bullshit

oh they added online? cool

I hate you fucking zoomers so fucking much. Please kys you a're self.

It's bretty gud, a fun rhythm game. Actually one of those rougelites where it's basically 100% skill instead of Rogue Legacy or those other roguelites where you just dump in enough time and you'll eventually steamroll.

>where you just dump in enough time and you'll eventually steamroll.
It's the exact same in Necrodancer.

going zone by zone mode is a glorified practice mode. Everything is unlocked from the start in All Zones mode and the only way you're going to win is by actually getting good