How to not make a Zelda game

How to not make a Zelda game

Attached: Legend_of_Zelda_Skyward_Sword_boxart.png (250x353, 196.78K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=46c_Bu87RxM
youtube.com/watch?v=xWCSEQEWvAs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Okay but what if Zelda was a horse?

Attached: 1655208619024.png (1435x1046, 815.32K)

Also how to not make a Zelda game.

Attached: 1651779055813.jpg (1080x1562, 242.55K)

What was it that made them think Fi needed to be so handholdy? I mean compare Midna to Fi and contrast is jarring. Midna didn't hold your hand so why did Fi?

>best story
>best dungeons
>best music
>best atmosphere and art direction
All that they fucked up on was swordplay, not enough to do in the sky, fighting Demise three times and how much of a slog it is to get around.

I thought SS was okay, but
>best story

Attached: 1631177758856.gif (290x270, 598.5K)

>>best atmosphere and art direction

Attached: PeaterSS.png (241x261, 72.11K)

The two Zelda games I've played the most are pretty much the exact opposite of each other. Can you guess what two I am talking about?

youtube.com/watch?v=46c_Bu87RxM

youtube.com/watch?v=xWCSEQEWvAs

That's Majora's Mask and that wasn't even that good.

Nintendo was a casual oriented company back then, and they just absolutely refused to compromise on that. Every game had super guide mode, and was designed to be piss easy on top of that

>best dungeons
thats all you needed to say
storyfags need to die

ah yes I love stepping into a room for the camera to pan over the switch I must hit and next door I must go through rinse and repeat every dungeon

But Twilight Princess came out before Skyward Sword and Midna was never that much of a pest.

>best story

it's fucking zelda, it has always been the same shit, the only zelda that ever was a bit interesting with it's plot was majora because it was about an apocalypse that repeat itself forever and how various people deal with it

>best dungeons

i... honestly cannot rememember the dungeon in skyward sword, there's the first that is a generic temple, and then there's that ship where you fight that monster that looks like celia from monster inc but giant, and then there was that one with the time stone, twilight princess is much much much better in this regard

>best music and best art direction

no.... it really was just like all the other zelda games

>all they fucked up was on swordplay

and having stealth missions, and making you fight the unchained 3 times, and the underwater section where you collect notes, and fi literally not shutting her mouth off for more than 5 frigging second

>and the underwater section where you collect notes

There was absolutely nothing wrong with that section.

GC nintendo and Wii nintendo were completely different

Literally this. You fucks suck off BOTW like it isn't just another open world game with a zelda skin.

It's not that bad. In fact it's quite good. People meme Skyward Sword way too hard. Motion controls just weren't cool by that point, and people didn't want to like it.

If BOTW were just another open world game with a zelda skin then I'd enjoy several other open world games. Please show me an open world game with as much interactivity as BOTW.

It's not about motion controls being cool.

I'm positively surprised by SS HD after having skipped the game entirely it until this month. It's not perfect, it's just not as bad compared to how deeply flawed WW and TP were. it suffers of padding but so do those games, the dungeons are short but better done than WW. The game has more interesting items than TP and especially WW where the few new items just sucked cock. The combat feels like delayed jank but it doesn't annoy me compared to the forced Wolf segments of TP that just were awful. I didn't enjoy it more than BotW before you cycle strawman fucks come, but it certainly is not way worse than WW/TP that were mediocre in their own way

Yeah, there's a weird revisionism that WW isn't disappointingly short, and kind of limited in terms of fleshing out the scope of it's ideas, and that TP wasn't all around a disappointing dud of a game. SS really isn't that bad compared to either of those games. I think it's better than TP, and maybe about as good as WW. WW is made of pure charm, which carries it a long way, of course.