Mario Kart DS remake is in the works

Mario Kart DS remake is in the works.
Release schedule is currently set for 2024
Project name is Nitro2

features: MK8 engine, gliding and anti-gravity, 60+ characters, custom emblems, online ranking mission mode, MK8 retro tracks

Attached: do-sharp (1).jpg (500x375, 108.48K)

Snoy

This is fake but I want it to be true because people will be having a meltdown that they're remaking a MK game instead of making 9

>MK8 engine
I wish
Instead it's going to be the tour engine seeing as retards are gobbling up the DLC tracks aesthetic, even praising it. We could've had Waluigi Pinball remade to look even better but no we had gacha tier graphics and people are paying for it

> Instead it's going to be the tour engine seeing as retards are gobbling up the DLC tracks aesthetic, even praising it
Because tour’s aesthetic is great

Gachoids are implicit with the decline of vidya.
Why go through the effort of remaking something when you can just port a mobile asset and call it a day?

So is snaking in?

Would be absolutely kino, but unfortunate that it’ll never happen.

The tour engine would take infinitely more effort to make work, from not being on the switch already to having to completely rework the gameplay, tour’s engine wouldn’t make sense. 8’s is the most logical. Either that or they somehow use a reworked version of DS’s engine.

Is there a single fucking reason to believe this?

Attached: E050B4BE-8450-4552-A8D3-4CDA2902C67B.jpg (2152x3038, 1.32M)

except DS is the best mario kart game

The OP said so.

>No minimap
>Controls will have to be butchered to work on analog sticks, so no quick drift, no on/off steering.

Even if this is somehow real, why should I care? Everything that makes the game good is inextricably tied to a dead console and can't be reproduced on the switch.

Yeah nah, you're not even trying. The B-Dasher frame is in MK8 along with that map. Nintendo also has no reason to waste resources remaking a Mario Kart release of all things when they could just, ya know, make MK9.

A Mario Kart remake is the dumbest thing I’ve ever heard wow.

Good one OP. I'm sure you'll catch some people.

whats the point?
just release them as dlc for MK8

>MK8 engine
no

They're not remaking Mario Kart DS out of all the previous games

>Childhood game remade in HD
>Missions
>60+ characters means everyone returns and then some making it a CTR-tier roster
>DS Circuit theme remix
Just give me options to drift like you used to and an exploration mode where I get to visit the track landmarks, and I'm sold.
Listen, I know it's fake and it will never happen, but an user can dream. Why can't we get a fangame with this stuff in it? Why is Mario Kart Tour the closest thing to that? Seriously, it really just needs Honey Queen and Wiggler from MK7 and Paratroopa from DD, what the fuck?

I WANNA PLAY BUT I DON'T WANNA PAY THE CONSOLE KEK TAX FOR ONLINE MULTIPLAYER

>Mario Kart DS remake is in the works.
Okay but why

Sounds dumb it doesn't make any sense, that pic is just a modded Mario model and kart, that track it's on MK8 already

Who the fuck misses Honey Queen? She was a one time npc, what makes her so special over, I don't know, Il Piantissimo?