LJ is on discount

>LJ is on discount
>YLAD on PS+ freebie
Which one is better bros?

Attached: yagami ichi.jpg (1280x720, 191.35K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dYdDJAPIN8g&t=52s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

LJ has the best combat in the franchise and 7 is their first attempt at turn based gameplay. What do you think?
I'm never gonna dance again. These guilty feet have got no rhythm.

Well first ask yourself.
Do you want to play a beat em up with a ex-lawyer turned detective.
Or do you want to play a turn based RPG with a schizophrenic ex-convict that loves dragon quest a little too much?

Well, RPG ain't really my cup of tea but it's free tho, is it really that clunky to play?

like a dragon is ass

it could have been good, if they didn't go full retard with the combat

I enjoyed the gameplay and a lot of other people did too, but there are still a significant number of people who hate the gameplay change.
The only people who hate LJ are hardcore minigamefags that don't care about any other aspect of the game.

Clunky? No. It's just rather basic outside of minigames. Just rock paper scissors with job changing.

The game definitely suffers because of the combat, but it's serviceable enough. It's still definitely something you'll enjoy if you like Yakuza because everything else is still there. If the combat is really important to you though the answer to your question is LJ.

Do I need to beat any of the other games to play Like a Dragon? I own 0 and Kiwami, but I haven't beaten them.

Oh man this RPG stuff is going to need time to get used to, is YLAD story great? I know LJ is about bullies getting killed at least

Nah, these games are far detached from Kiryu's beginning especially Judgment just play it if you want to

>game has effects based on positioning
>enemies and your party randomly move around during combat so taking advantage of those is a crapshoot
>job system is half-baked with most of them not offering any unique benefits
And my personal favorite is
>main character's resurrection skill has a chance to fail

YLAD story is about Immigration and figuring out where you truly belong. Also Family in a pretty depressing way.

I played all the games in a psycho order and had a good time.

Definitely not Y7

Nah. Although a few prior characters show up eventually and the game is littered with little nods to prior games. They do nothing more than make fans of the series slightly happier playing it.
It's pretty self contained.

LJ combat feels like shit, every attack takes like 3 seconds to start

Ichiban is best good boy

Attached: 0b595f06a271b1d6d3ec916da1c63c85.jpg (1610x2240, 347.36K)

Sounds like classic yakuza stuff alright

Lost judgement's story and writing is so bad i swore off the series

LJ has the best combat in the series but the story is pretty underwhelming. 7 is a funny Dragon Quest knockoff with a heartwarming story.

Attached: lost judgment combat.webm (1280x720, 1.15M)

YLAD has a fan fucking tastic main cast. Ichiban is great, Adachi and Saeko are great, and the story is interesting on it's own beyond them. For me, the protag and main cast in Judgement is way more dull and boring, it seems like they were more focused on making Yagami seem 'cool' in Judgement than making him actually fun and interesting, but maybe that's just me.

If I were you I'd go with YLAD, or at least download it so it's in your library forever while it's still free on PSPlus..

You know that meme where someone tweeted "Show me someone who's suffered more than Ellie" from TLoU2? Yeah. Replace Ellie with Kazuma Kiryu and make the answer Ichiban Kasuga by a country mile.

build for shota.

Don't sell Kiryu short, sure he might have been the chairman and had a lot of respect, but that also means he was always on the run, never hot to enjoy his peaceful life, and got to the point that he had to abandon his kids and play for dead if it meant they would have a peaceful life.

Ichiban at least gets to keep his friends

LJ and Y7 are two sides of the same coin.
Y7 doesn't have the best gameplay. super basic RPG which is a far departure from the series as we know it but it's Story and characters are fucking Phenomenal and possibly the best the series has ever been.
While LJ's Story is honestly lack luster at best with mostly a forgettable cast to be overshadowed by the series best combat yet.

>be Kiryu
>fake death
>show up to fight some guys 5 minutes later

Attached: kiryu.jpg (1280x720, 68.11K)

fair enough, that moment did ruin it

>robot club
>okay this is fucking retarded and boring but with a bit of farming you get through it with no issues

>reach motorbike club
>mfw

fucking retarded school stories

Attached: 1657801629308.jpg (390x390, 11.77K)

I agree 100% I found the story in both Yagami games fucking retarded and I gave 0 fucks about it, especially the first game

the second game Yagami was fucking tiring with SAWA SENSEI SAWA SENSEI in every fucking argument

but hey, it's got one of the best last bosses with a fucking banger ost so...

For now
Honestly Ichiban went through more bullshit in one game than Kiryu had to go through in like 3 games.

Oh yeah, how could I forget? Nanba is best boy forever.

and he's the best singer i've heard in yakuza to date

youtube.com/watch?v=dYdDJAPIN8g&t=52s

Attached: nanba.gif (256x256, 1.51M)

I find weird how he remains a fucking hobo for the entire game

Does 6 offer anything that K2 doesn't? Everything I've heard about make it seem like K2, but worse.

Attached: joAMCGGZutSudvihGnqHsP[1].jpg (2560x1440, 296.73K)

Boat wo ka shi ki ri ni shite !

The story is better but as far as minigames, combat and exploration is concerned it's basically a K2 but worse type thing
It's still worth one playthrough, if only because the characters are interesting and Hiroshima is a comfy as fuark location.

Attached: Yakuza 6 - The Song Of Life 2021.08.04 - 16.20.04.23.DVR_Trim.webm (1280x720, 406.38K)

He is both the best and worst. Japanese singer is great. English singer is absolute ass.