I struggle to comprehend why this wouldn't work

I struggle to comprehend why this wouldn't work.

Attached: 01.png (1597x1306, 3.93M)

why do you need to have trains revert to the opposite track?
isnt it better to have them be one way?

Only faggots use left-handed traffic

It's generally easier to just avoid four-way intersections entirely. Just use three ways.

bro you need to put chain signals BEFORE every split
fucking retard

bro this looks fucked up why would you ever EVER EVER EVER EVER want a piece of rail having trains going in both directions
FUCKING RRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Attached: direction.jpg (1597x1306, 916.95K)

deadlock

double headed trains are okay actually
that intersection sure as shit isn't

this is a proper intersection, never had a deadlock even with trains coming in from every side simultaneously
i'm sure some faggot autist has copied a better less complex blueprint off the internet and is eager to tell me how that one is better, but i made this one myself and i'm happy with it

Attached: better.png (849x842, 1.65M)

Why would you ever need this?
You want your resources to go to your megafactory, or at most from settlement to settlement in a sequential order and then to your last factory.

there's a difference between a double headed trains, and having singleheaded trains going over a single track in both directions
that being said i don't think double headed trains are worth it. can you explain a usecase where you prefer it (in large projects, not for small shit, i have used double headed to get oil over in the early game for example

Looks nice, at least. Why can't you just

Attached: tegaki.png (600x600, 17.37K)

>not making everything in their own miniature defended production site then connecting them all with a massive railway network

>can't turn around

Never needed. Any point of interest should have exits in both directions. It's not the intersection's job to turn around.

i want 4 lanes, and my requirements were:
-every lane must be able to go to every other valid lane (because i don't make trains switch lanes outside these intersections)
-every lane must be able to return back from whence they came without making use of a central roundabout (this is just generally useful to have when riding trains manually like big berthas)

trains coming from the left can't go up and the ones from the right can't go down

for me, it's celtic knot

Attached: 1645163231736.png (1323x1126, 2.72M)

maybe not for you but every intersection i designed without being able to turn around i have cursed eventually
i just incorporate it into the design now, as long as it's deadlock proof it's good

Just one more lane bro

>another turnlet

every lane can turn in any direction bro wym

Noticed, just add two more lanes.

Just use a fucking roundabout.
>buh buh factorio engine pathfinding
You will never notice a performance difference even if you build 1000 of them.

Not any direction. They can't go back. It just splits each lane into 3 one going each way. I don't know if it is efficient, but it isn't elegant design.

i don't think it's about performance but about deadlocks especially with longer trains
or have you managed to design a deadlock proof roundabout? (genuine question)

>not using logic signals to synchronize your trains

>They can't go back
why would you need to
sounds like logistics issue not intersection issue

>trains from the ongoing tracks can go to the incoming tracks
for what reason?

Wouldn't it just work like in real life roundabouts? Except only allow 1 train inside at a time to prevent two long trains blocking each other.

bro just press S instead of W and your train goes the other direction

Just let in one train at a time. I don't know what kind of traffic you people have where this would cause any noticeable delays. But if you're allergic to the idea of stopping for 2 seconds to yield, by all means build one more lane.

>>not making everything in their own miniature defended production site then connecting them all with a massive railway network
The point of a cloverfield intersection is that you never have an actual crossing, all paths remain one-way with only mergers, no crosses.
You can't do that in Factorio, as there are no bridges or tunnels for trains (or roads for that matter).
Meaning that this whole design is completely pointless. You are just blindly copying something that only really works for cars, and without having the different vertical levels that would justify thing whole thing.