Why does this have soul

Why does this have soul...

Attached: l.png (609x649, 225.99K)

..and this doesn't?

Attached: e2t7o5fjsj481.png (804x675, 207.8K)

Because you're nostalgic for the former but not the latter.

Nostalgia idiot, plus the internet community as a whole was far better than it is today because access wasn't as common. Now it's worldwide it invites any and all retards.

What the fuck is this garbage? It looks his equipment is made by gluing together literal garbage.

At some point the art team forgot what the rs2 aesthetic is all about and started catering to redditors, worst part is that they're just blatantly importing rs3 content making osrs pretty much just vintage runescape 3 at this point.

Except it does. Honestly wish OSRS would get a gfx update to the older stuff to bring it more inline with all their new content.

The only issue with RS3 is the combat update, all the microtransactions, and the stupid battle pass

And the quests, and the story, and the rest of the game design direction.

i remember when i'd see a character like that, legends cape n all and just wish i could be them. i never did reach the dizzying heights bros...

The thing is that 2007 and by extension OSRS was when the RSHD graphic updates started entering the game. OSRS is just all RSHD aesthetic, none of the low poly highly detailed texture stuff you were used to in early RS2.

There's a reason why osrs has x3 the player count and no its not cause muh bots

Maybe I just want dungeoneering back.

go play RS3

I mean, those three reasons alone are why I don't play it. Though I do have an Ironman on it that I play rarely.

Wrong

>NO its not "MUH BOTS!"
except every time im skilling i see 3-5 copies of the same person.

I remember I had a character called "D Long" at least i'm sure I did, pretty cool

Dungeoneering is good as a minigame, not as a skill.

Except RS3 has glaring gameplay issues.

The combats fine user, you can set everything to auto and if you need to do something with your skills manually it's no worse than prayer flicking

This is a proud warrior wearing the best and 2nd best armor available. He always seeks to help the little man with small favours.
You can’t even tell what this is. Is it a golem? A robot? Will it run into a burning building to save a child? Or was it responsible for starting the fire? Soulless abomination.

2007 did not have high textures, god wars looked like garbage technically, just the way it should

There's more to EoC than skills.

Bots exist of course, both versions have them but thats obvious since they're f2p mmos.
What I'm saying is that if you subtract all the bots the osrs playerbase would still be at least twice as big as rs3.

this is early/mid 2004 era BIS, before D chain and legs or barrows

>that rush when you'd loot vulture on the wildy line

Attached: 1659698270824.png (429x299, 44.72K)

this is why we need vanilla osrs servers, osrs has gone too far

Any Forumsscape is pretty good but since it's so low pop the chat is just global now, which isn't as fun.

I never liked how far they were stretching the artstyle and I got really pissed off when they went and overhauled the elf models just to make them in line with the worst written NPCs in the worst written quest in recent history.
The final straw that made me actually quit the game was when they went to some of the more memorable, funny and/or clever quests in the game because someone imagined someone complaining.
Fuck 'em. They can keep their shit. I wish I could take every dime I ever spent on the game back, preferably with interest, but I'll settle for leaving a flaming bag of shit on their doorstep next time I'm in the neighborhood.

Jagex and redditors are gonna find a way to fuck it up and run it into the ground for a third time.

Why is barrows armor so unique looking compared to garbage nuJagex stuff? I remember barrows releasing as a kid and thought it looked weird but at the same time cool, it doesn't look like copypasted real world armor and it doesn't look like retardedly ornate WoW armor its just peak SOUL and i dunno how oldJagex did it

Attached: file.png (296x924, 105.1K)

gower era jagex bro, different gravy entirely

Dude no I just started it few months ago.

They should make a vanilla OSRS server and hire me for 500€/month to develop it into a true autistic Runescape successor

First course of action: remove GE
Second course of action: make an AI that finds twitch streamers and DDOSes them