Wtf is wrong with me? I cannot find ANY enjoyment in video games anymore...

Wtf is wrong with me? I cannot find ANY enjoyment in video games anymore. Just fired up my PS4 for the first time in a while and downloaded a few games in the subscription Catalog that I've always wanted to play. Made it about 20 minutes into each of them before getting bored and moving on. I have no patience for gameplay any more. I just want to turn my brain off and destress but video games just don't do that for me anymore (I have more luck with books and playing music, ironically activities which should demand MORE patience. What's the go?

Attached: 1659618007252208.jpg (800x450, 52.06K)

>Fired up PS4
THere's the problem. It does not have good games.
Also, you might wanna check your mental health with expert. Go to a psychiatrist.

Books and music don't demand patience, they demand investment. Do you really want to turn your brain off, or are you actually put off by how little video games tend to have going on?

Have you tried playing sharper, start middle and end games with strong reputations? What were the games you played? If one of them was Horizon you should just kill yourself.

Bullshit, I downloaded Blasphemous, Slime Rancher, Bloodstained ritual of the night, God of War, Stellaris, Horizon Zero Dawn, Bloodborne (only one I remotely got into but bored now) All huge games with loads of content. I'm just bored SHITLESS.

Stop playing games made outside of Asia.

Horizon was a fkn JOKE. Woke, a big open empty world full of things I don't care about, dumb ass robots, dumb characters who say dumb things. Just no substance, no soul. Nothing to suck me in. Horizon was probably the most boring on the list.

replay the games you used to like as a kid/teen, that's what i do
it's completely okay to completely check out from the modern gaming industry, if it doesn't bring you joy don't try to force it and instead focus on doing something you like

How about you play a real game? Anything before 2008 (if not Japanese) is a good starting filter.

Any recs that are on PS4? Looking for something with intelligent dialogue.

Someone doesn't need to go to a pill-pusher because they're enjoying video games less. It's normal to get bored of games for a while and ti focus on other interests.

This. If you ever hit a period where it feels like vidya gives no joy, don’t fucking try to force it by thinking
>b-but I’m supposed to enjoy this, vidya is what I have enjoyed since my childhood
Take. A. Fucking. Break.

i think you've realized that almost all games are shallow and boring
If i want to be engaged by a game I fire up a fighting game, play a few matches for half an hour, proceed to quit game
I also play card games now, it's very chill and relaxing despite the need for some brain power
that's all I can say really, what you're feeling will likely never go away, you've come to a realization that will likely affect how you see games forever

Sounds like depression user. Are you unhappy in life?

Army in the pan? I dont get it

If you like gameplay get Nioh 2.

US loves intervening in countries when there's oil to be had
Okay will give it a crack. Played the first one but got bored after fighting the first boss on the boat

Going through a hectic time to be honest, lots of very good and lots of awful stuff going on.

Definitely am a bit manic depressive but surely if I have the motivation to exercise and read books I should have the energy to play some Vidya

Dead Rising got a PS4 port. I also loved The Evil Within. Both games are far more intelligent than they got credit for.

If by "intelligent dialogue" you actually mean long-winded indulgent jewish soapbox moments just go watch Aaron Sorkin movies.

gas/electricity prices are fucking my ass that I'm cooking shit on a grill with coal now

this thread is full of depressed people who dont realize it.
keep in mind most depression comes from outside. fix your life, and the joy will come back. it doesnt have to happen all at once, going one step at a time is fine

also be grateful to your brain from denying you pleasure from video games, now you can actually focus on important things. the joy will come back

Play games similar to shit you enjoy rather than trying shit you hear or get told is good