Severely reduced sales

>severely reduced sales
I thought game devs were smarter than this

Attached: piratemode.0.jpg (1200x800, 185.08K)

>Bankruptcy is likely
Bitch, the video game industry is a multi-billion dollar industry

Ah yes, my favorite indie studio, The Videogame Industry.

Many good indie games made millions

If your livelihood depends on the sales figures of your retro 8-bit survival puzzle platformer about being an autistic depressed tranny with cancer and AIDS you should probably get a real fucking job

Attached: he.png (324x324, 154.76K)

Many many more dont break even.

Then they were not that good or too niche

>study from the EU literally proved piracy barely affects sales
>gets quietly buried

Fun times.

Good, or at least appealing indie video games make fucking millions, even without any copy protection.
See Stardew Valley.

The "piracy issue" on indie devs is called the coping, coping that they made a shit game, which doesn't sell, and yet somehow, still appears on torrents. Therefore, piracy killed my game.

vast majority of indie shit is worthless shovelware not even worth a pirate
like the game in op

Meanwhile indie devs like wube and the guy behind hotline Miami don't give a shit if you pirate. Factorio has a button that allows pirate copies into your server. Miami guy even uploaded a torrent because the one pirates were using was buggy.

lol

Attached: 12-39-34.jpg (1259x718, 389.72K)

Maybe don't have a budget of over 5000 dollars and then you won't even have to sell very well to break even

This. Game dev should always be something you do next to an already successful career.

Ivy tower bros... Not like this...

marketing is by far the biggest hurdle, plenty of good or even great games have not made money because they didn't hit some lucky fotm streamer or some shit.

I know marketing is hard, but you really don't need that many sales if your budget is under 2k.

Yea true but you trade budget for time.
Its going to take you years if you dont want to pay for literally anything.

>Winning the lottery is fucking easy dude, just look at all the people that won

"Breaking even" isn't strictly earning back the money you spent on developing the game, you have to account for the hundreds (or thousands) of unpaid hours you spent making it

Just try to make good fucking game, look at Zomboid, they kept releasing updates very slowly over years before it got popular