Any Forums's thoughts on piracy

Let's see how retarded or based can Any Forums be.

Attached: images_-_2022-07-11T123610.025.jpg (499x523, 35K)

my pc my choice

Piracy is a necesary evil that contrary to popular belief does more good than bad. People that wouldn't have paid for the product(either out of stubborness or material problems) still wouldn't pay if it wasn't piratable, people that wanted a taste or are not sure about the quality/performance get a taste and decide if they ll buy the game and at the end of the day that game gets more popular.
Not only that but most of the games nowodays are digital and the formula that they use for sales makes it that they don't lose something besides the investment and games are becoming a passive income for companies (anyone can buy a copy whenever they want) once they break even.
Companies that want full control over all information or try to sell an old product that is barely compatible without community help, do not deserve the money (*ahem stalker and many other old games sold for anything besides a cup of coffe*)

piracy doesn't hurt publishers but I wish it did

I pirate cause I can, simple as.

/thread

I think AC4 is the only good AC game just because of piracy mechanics.
Corsairs aged like milk.
Sea of thieves was a disappointment.
I haven't played any other piracy-themed games yet.

Attached: AC4BF.jpg (1008x403, 171.18K)

Buying games should be more convenient than pirating them, but when it's not, then piracy is justified.

those who crack games they bought them with their money correct?
then they made a cracked version, it's like a new thing of it's own and they have the right to sell it or give it out for free
it's transformative in nature

>pirate game
>publisher loses $69.99+tax
>pirate game 100 million times
>publisher loses 7 billion

I'm a buyfag but mostly out of skepticism to repacks.

I get what I want and pirate sometimes. Copying shit isn't a crime and intellectual rights and copyright laws are jewish scam.

Good on the person who out out that warning.
Nafris speaking half French even when they're speaking Arabic is obnoxious.
Fucking learn your own language, cunts.

tpbp

based

Sid Meier's Pirates! (meaning the 200x remake)?

>game is has the generic open world formula
>shit publisher and game charging 70 bucks for a barely working small game.
they deserve it

Based.

Attached: 1655357254708.jpg (1024x945, 96.85K)

I dont care about piracy at all. I buy the games that I like from companies I support and pirate the games from companies I dont support.

Feels like a south park skit

so this

Piracy is not stealing. It is trespassing. It's comparable to sneaking into a movie theater to watch a movie without paying for a ticket. Copyright laws have also become blatantly ridiculous. The original intention was to give creators a window of protections to build up their distribution and get due compensation before the song enters the public domain. Unfortunately, due to corporate lobbying, copyright law has been perverted to last almost indefinitely as long as you have the money and lawyers to protect it.

>got locked out of the private tracker i use
>was forced to use rutracker and limetorrents for a couple of months
wew
didn't know public tracker piracy has become this bothersome
back then you could find all the proper scene releases on TPB or if that failed then mininova, now there's no such thing as a "definitive" public tracker

Attached: index.jpg (245x206, 8.91K)

I sometimes pirate games that are absolutely dogshit and delete them afterwards just so the publisher loses money.