I am unbelievably over the zoomer revisionist history about the fucking GameCube when the PlayStation 2 not only...

I am unbelievably over the zoomer revisionist history about the fucking GameCube when the PlayStation 2 not only outclassed it but granted us more genre defining ultimate experiences then Nintendo did.

I'm not going to pretend like the GameCube didn't have some amazing classics on it but the PlayStation 2 is just simply the better gaming console

Attached: jsjshsgsjzjsiahzhzhzjz.jpg (915x733, 130.95K)

ps2? more like piss ass poo

bait thread, but also Scott says that many times in the video

GameCube? More like Gay
Not bait and I didn't watch an hour long video about how good the GC is when I already know how good it is

I had a Gamecube in 2002, so it was the better of the two ;^)

well you don't have to watch it but you're angry about nothing, he agrees with your contention that the ps2 was better

GameCube was my first actual console that I became a gamer on as well.

PS2 is indeed the superior console. It's too bad it got followed up by the PS3, which is one of the worst consoles ever made. Same with PS5, biggest disappointment ever.

That's about the broader overall point that a lot of zoomers argue about. I'm not mad at Scott but since he's the quintessential zoomer I used him as my pic.

personally I call it the Nintendo SHITCube

LOL

Didn't watch it yet, but if it's 1 hour of Gamecube dick sucking I will drop it fast. How can one console be this overrated is a mystery to me, did the false narrative of the Wii not having "gamer" games made the GC shine by comparison?

>this retarded argument again but you replaced ps1 and n64 with ps2 and gamecube

N64 was better than the PS1

Attached: 1635020956275.gif (320x240, 2.65M)

ok, that doesnt disagree with my post

>it's a 2long video that claims [thing] had generation-wide influence when it really just capture a portion of a generation of kids who grew up to be limp-wristed faggots
Many such cases

Was it supposed to?

>Implying
Not being funny, but for as much as people loved the PS2 I never hear anyone praising the games of the system much. Of my friend group I'm the only one who didn't grow up with one, had to buy one myself in my Teens. Yet somehow I'm the one who has the most games and the only one who can remember anything other than DBZ Budokai Tenkaichi, Fifa or Burnout 3, speaking of which, speaks volumes that most of what people remember of the PS2 is playing DVDs or Third Party Games.
Whenever people are emulating shit, there's always video after video about breakthroughs brought about by, say, the running of Metroid Prime, Mario Sunshine or Wind Waker. Conversely, nary a Jak and Daxter, SotC or Ratchet and Clank.
Of course the Gamecube is going to be the most memorable system of the Gen, it's the one that has the most identity, for better or worse (how can you forget that lunchbox shape, stupid mini-disks or based controller?)
Don't get me wrong, I love the PS2. But from what I've seen from those who grew up with it, they're mostly the type of people who just run with whatever system is the most popular at the time - as long as it runs muh Fifa and muh CoD, it could be a Playstation, Xbox, Gamecube, Paper fuckin' Aeroplane or all those people care.
And even if you were to ignore all the above, one word, one simple word (which unfortunately comes with many rapey, unhygenic or manchild-y associations) completely invalidates anything PS2.
Melee.

All four platforms back then were great choices.

probably this is Any Forums

MORE LIKE NINTENDO SHIT CUBE.
I loved my gamecube though. Playing double dash and pokemon colosseum with friends was always fun.

Silent Hill and Ape Escape is enough to make PS1 >> N64

Paper Mario exists which beats both

He only had the gamecube kek.
The mind of a nintendoid.
I am the true video game chad, I was a ps2 kid, and I had it modded so i played about a hundred games, many of which were classics.
When I got a better PC I emulated a few good exclusive GC games which were like less that 5 lmao. And I still liked them regardless of who made them.
Those nintendoid mongoloids put their chosen company above actual video games so they eat their slop without any thoughts.
Idorts truly are the master race and we emulator fags are getting ever so slightly closer to them.

I agree with you but you sound like a mega faggot so I'm conflicted

>Too poor to buy PS2 games
>Emulatorfag
>I-I am c-chad
Lmao smelly nigger

>i'm a third world shitter who thinks my opinion matters
silence

I did it to sound pompous on purpose, if I had the king bugs bunny image I would have posted it, but I don't have much reaction images on this device.

it was the last time nintendo actually made good games, obviously the console was not successful but it still had TTYD, prime, and melee.

Sixth gen was the last time I owned all the systems of the gen. Ps2 was the best of them, followed by xbox ando because of gaylo but because it had Panzer Dragoon, Ninja Gaiden, Project Gotham, Jet Set, DOA3 and Ultimate. Gamecube simply couldn't compare to it.

Never mind you're based then. I know zoom zooms that talk like that so I couldn't be too certain

i had both and an xbox. gamecube good.

>had like 3 games which he begged his parents to get him and acts like he knows a single thing about that console generation
Cope more, too dumb to pirate, brainlet

Gamecube library just had far more classics than PS2 or Xbox. No one talks about PS2 or Xbox exclusives anymore. Partly because they've all been fucking ported.

>No one talks about PS2 or Xbox exclusives anymore.
Yeah except them being ported all the time.

It really didn't. Outside Nintendo it had maybe a small handful

What an idiotic thing to say.
The games were so influential that they had to get ported to consoles generation newer than them.
Even nintendo had to port gamecube games to their newer systems.
And even still, the exclusives that are still left on the PS2 and Xbox only shit on every other non ported gamecube exclusive.

all of the modern praise of the gamecube is just proof that even if it wasnt the more successful console at the time, it aged the best and had more "genre defining ultimate experiences."
i mean come on, what does the ps2 have that really competes with
>animal crossing
>super smash bros melee
>super mario sunshine
>mario kart double dash
>metroid prime
>pikmin
>wind waker
>paper mario ttyd
>kirby air ride
when it comes to impact and longevity. you pretty much only have
>shadow of the colossus
>katamari damacy
>metal gear solid 2
that have a comparable amount of acknowledgement. those are the only ps2 games that get the same constant discussion that those gamecube games get.
this isnt a comment on the quality of the games. i think double dash, sunshine, and wind waker are some of the lowest points in their series, but they are still massive in gaming discourse to this day. they have even been the life support for some niches. super smash bros melee kept the crt market alive for over a decade until more retro enthusiasts took over. animal crossing was the first big localization of a nintendo game involving more than translation and the start of what is now one of nintendo's most popular franchises. paper mario ttyd's grip on its fans was so great that it spawned indie clones with their popularity being entirely sustained by just being "a new ttyd."
the ps2 sold better and was probably the center of a lot more discussion back then, but no one is interesting in talking about it anymore. the xbox and ps2 have died, but the gamecube remains alive. this isnt zoomers revising history because anyone can just look up what games were selling the most back then and what people were posting about on forums. it's just zoomer preference.

Attached: 1659694088503.gif (320x240, 590.22K)