Why don’t they make more games...

Why don’t they make more games ? They’re a developed country with 16 millions habitants yet I can’t think of one game made there

Attached: Flag_of_the_Netherlands.svg.png (800x533, 780)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8IxdAEhS_JQ
guerrilla-games.com/explore
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

max payne

Because we may as well be german

Yugoslavia still exists?

Attached: 1659531387792681.png (300x300, 131.2K)

>american education

Karenposters still exist?

Attached: 156395732985237523.png (582x582, 449.09K)

DE BLOB, JONGUH

Horizon zero dawn
Killzone
Actual good Dutch games; A2 racer 2 and Overlord

Horizon
Killzone
Tannenberg
Verdun
Deliver Us The Moon

These are all I know. And I live 20 minutes away from Guerilla HQ

Most of the gaming industry in this country are just small devs that make outsourced mobile games. We only have like one AAA developer, and they mostly make shitty Ubisoft-tier open world games or Killzone. I don't think anyone even gives a fuck about Killzone, not even to shitpost about it.

As far as smaller games go it's slightly better, we had Vlambeer games and de Blob. Age of Wonders I guess? All of these are kinda old though. If it counts I work on games sometimes.

These I guess. The head of PlayStation Studios is Dutch though, the former CEO of Guerrilla Games.

Real answer. Canada has government funding programs for art, which also includes games. That's why so many game developers are in Montreal and Vancouver. The Netherlands has no such program. Indies get zero support from the government. There are barely any worthwhile gamedev courses or degrees.

Because our country is 'rich' but underpaid and taxes everything out the ass. Why make games for an even shittier wage when you can become a programmer for triple or even four times that salary.

Kanker gebaseerde blobchad

Attached: f0294640-3cc5-40bb-a3c5-e3f41e3525ac.jpg (1280x720, 252.98K)

Jazz Jackrabbit 2 was the absolute shit. Mandatory platformer.

More games than you think are Dutch, actually, both indies and AAA.
Like LUFTRAUSER.

Better than whatever the g*rmans make.

I like Sokpop

Although some of their games are too similar.

is this the French flag?

Dont do this to me.

Attached: 1655696274683.jpg (286x176, 8.87K)

Here Comes Niko is a nice recent Dutch-made game.
Any Forums is scared of it though.

You don’t have to be a full time employee to make soulful games
Then again, I guess the concept of doing things for free in your spare time is incompatible with the culture of the nation that invented tikkie

Horizon 1 and 2

no that one is all white

lmao retard

Attached: 1659361739385161.jpg (1439x1448, 113.63K)

I thought so

serbian?

Because they are faggots who speak weird language.
>GLEEBEN KLAAPEN GOTTEN TROT
Holy fuck, I can't understand why they are like that

Too busy saying they are progressive despite stagnating so much other countries passes them, being rude as fuck and saying they are direct and being a culture so boring and cucked they're about to engineer their own food shortage

The concept of developing an entire fucking game for free in your spare time is incompatible with the fucking mandatory 40 hour grind. Especially with "inflation" out the fucking ass making the fact of staying alive too expensive to pick up any hobbies.

reddit "joke" that stopped. being funny before you were born

>Here Comes Niko
Gatverdamme, nee.

why do the franchise suck at cooking games so much?

anger birds

Looks more like German to me.
Anglophones just can't tell the difference :^)

>Frenchies

wtf
the Dutch were communist?

Attached: download (2).png (318x159, 1.86K)

nationals

youtube.com/watch?v=8IxdAEhS_JQ

told you Any Forums's scared of it.
Can't imagine what it's like to be a conservative in this day an age, a lifestyle so cucked you're scared shitless of things like pastels, being nice to others and the word "they".

Children's entertainment is not a priority industry for any country.

like says user, I work on side businesses in my free time, too, but we're fucking waging away while the government milks us dry. We're not like Americans who have 200k spare cash a month and just fuck their finances up from stupidity, we literally barely get to save.

brainwashing is a major tool

I'm just not in the whole "cozy relaxing wholesome" game thing. I don't care for AC or Stardew or Harvest Moon either. Here Comes Niko doesn't even look like a particularly good game if you're into that kinda thing, though. Seemed pretty buggy too.

Are there any video games from the more developed parts of Africa? Nigeria, Namibia, SA etc.

>they're about to engineer their own food shortage
You understand that when 80% of produced meat is exported, even cutting production by 50% won't be their own problem?

>$200k
what does that equal out to in real money?

It is kinda buggy actually. Shame, because I actually really like the game itself.

>they're about to engineer their own food shortage
most of Dutch food produce is exported to Germany you fucking git
the only ones who'll be bitching about it is the krauts

Attached: 1629047306833.gif (106x118, 7.07K)

there were some decent games in the 80s and 90s

>We're not like Americans who have 200k spare cash a month
The average American has 4000 dollars in spare cash, man. Times are definitely tough here right now but don't exaggerate.

Creating food shortages abroad when they have less developed industries and farmers than we do is still retarded

They do better with animation

Attached: add33ccffd5830876a0444a1996ec8720aa64df3552926b7c7627dd295791fe2.png (2475x1390, 3.3M)

Sadly our biggest studio is a mediocre Ubisoft copypaste with all its failings.
guerrilla-games.com/explore

It would be nice if a proper AA Dutch developer could rise up that can make proper dutch-flavored vidya.

The German minister of agriculture has openly said he wants higher food prices so he'll be happy about that.