Linux Gaming

Which linux distro are you using Any Forums friends?

Attached: pasted-image-0-3.png (1600x1200, 1001.56K)

Arch. I've either repressed the horror of my early experience since I deliberately tackled PCI passthrough first or it just werks.

KDE edition of Fedora, although it's worth noting that people tend to talk about/focus on distros too much. The choice of distribution realistically doesn't impact your ability to play games (or run any other software for that matter), it's about update model, bundled default software, setting defaults, etc. I'm currently using Fedora (coming from Arch) because it's well-maintained and I think its point release model with bleeding edge software hits the right balance between stability and getting updates quickly. And, well, I have something of a soft spot to Red Hat/Fedora, seeing as that my first distro was Red Hat 6 back in 2000.

EndeavourOS

Attached: 20220805022659_1.jpg (1920x1080, 432.08K)

Same. It just works

Any Forums trannies seething. It's literally Arch for non autistic people.
For gaming try Holo ISO first, only reason being it comes preinstalled with everything you need for gaming. Otherwise you'll have to install a bunch of packages like mesa, Steam and the Liberation font which was a bit boring to me.

Do you trust RedHat with your privacy user?

I heard about EndeavourOS, it sounds good, but its still Arch, seems like a pita to mantain

I'm on fedora now. Thinking about trying steamOS

That sounds very tempting I gotta say

What is there to trust? It's free/open source software that is at least in principle checkable for deliberate backdoors and the like, and while I don't personally vet the packages, I trust the procedure of Fedora Project at least as much as most other distributions (more than, say, Manjaro, that has no known history of malfeasance but does have a history of lax security procedure). If anything, Fedora is more security-oriented than other mainstream-distros (indeed, I've disabled security features like SELinux). The link that I would trust the least is 3rd-party package repositories (RPMFusion), which on Fedora are more mandatory than some other distributions due to their policy against including non-free software, but then, I generally have enough trust on these sort of sources to not blindly but fairly haphazardly install software from AUR, PPAs, custom ebuilds, etc.

Like, I would not trust Red Hat use their influence not to shit up projects like GTK/Gnome (STILL no icon view with file previews for their file picker), but as far as privacy goes, I'm unconcerned. If I WAS concerned about Red Hat, I'd have to be concerned about the bulk of the software stack I'm using no matter the distribution, because Red Hat employees are the main contributors for a lot of them.

openSUSE Tumbleweed with KDE

Attached: Screenshot_20220805_095318.png (1920x1080, 3.63M)

Artix

I put Mint on my grandma's ancient laptop and now my niece uses it for school.

SteamOS on my main gaming machine (steam deck)
Kubuntu on my desktop.

have you ever had any problem with the small amount of packages user?

Slackware.

>Any Forums trannies seething. It's literally Arch for non autistic people.
More like Arch for people who can't read, a.k.a Linus.

I got Ubuntu via WSL, does that count?

They moved me to q3, getting one this month or the next

I double boot Manjaro for general use and windows for gaming and webm making
What'd be a good replacement for Windows ? SteamOS ?

Small? I updated like 4 days ago and there are already another 500 packages waiting for updates.

But no, never ran into a situation where i "lacked" something.

I have, Jellyfin is not in the official repos, OpenSnitch is no there too,(not using someones /home directory from OBS),

Wtf I love Sithis now

Attached: 1631909809815.png (1920x1080, 3.01M)

how did you mod skyrim on Linux user?