I can't into SRPG or tactical games. Is it because I suck/don't like chess...

I can't into SRPG or tactical games. Is it because I suck/don't like chess? is that the line dividing people who like and dislike tactical rpgs?

Attached: 60f23f90bc38857e40cfafcf12441019.gif.31d2d94892884efed200f891ce2b4d5d.gif (668x600, 3.22M)

The best SRPGs are like puzzles. Some people like puzzles, some don't.

A lot of SRPGs are just JRPGs but on a grid, once you realize that then it's easy to get good at them.
I know people like to compare chess to other games but I think it's kinda retarded, chess is just so damn different than most stuff. Well besides checkers I guess.
Anyway it takes a special kind of autism to enjoy SRPGs, it's one of those genres where it can either be really boring to play, or you can be addicted and just play nonstop for hours and hours and enjoy the systems of the game.

no i like chess and hate SRPGs

Which ones have you played? Fire Emblem is dull as shit.

Doubt it, game types are prolly just not for you. I can't stand playing sports games, but I love to play actual sports. Liking or disliking one thing doesn't mean you'll like games.

SRPGs can be fun, Deus Ex and Underrail are my favorites
Overall though? You need to be challenged but not too challenged. You don't need to like chess at all lol, it's about getting good with the systems.

Obviously, the systems are nowhere near as detailed as Chess, so it's a lot of fun learning it. A lot of good SRPGs have tons of mods too to improve the experience, like Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead

Roguelikes and Roguelites can often be considered SRPGs too.

what the fuck are you talking about

>t. does not know enough to enter the discussion

No they're fucking not. Only shit ones are like puzzles. Good ones actually feel like battles that you need to adapt to and think strategically on the fly.

name 1

Jagged Alliance 2

why should i spoonfeed you

SRPGs is literally just a very broad genre in general. Literally look at any tile-based RPG or Roguelike with strategy or tactical elements, doesn't have to only be JRPG style or anything

It's very easy to find these sort of things. A vast amount of strategy games are SRPGs by definition

Attached: 1658618900066230.png (868x754, 440.49K)

aka puzzles with imperfect information

good post

Most SRPGs don't "feel like battles that you need to adapt to and think strategically on the fly", I'll assume that you don't know any that fits that description and you are now deflecting.

is this bait or do you know nothing about the genre?

>I only play trash like FE
Reading you loud and clear.

Nah, it's because they're generally absolute fucking dogshit. The only SRPGs I like are the Sakura Taisen games, which are incredibly easy and fairly quick to play, and Gunparade March because turning off the limiter and breaking each turn down into 10 part code execution steps is a neat gimmick which requires you to plan ahead on a deeper level so you don't waste half your turn, with commands overlapping so you can do 2-3x as much shit in one turn.

Do I get anything if I don't burn down the city in Triangle Strategy?

Deus Ex isn't an SRPG. The fuck are you talking about? Underrail is fine and dandy, but the actual fuck user.

I've heard about this game for years in passing without specifically seeking it out, but now I own it and hopefully will enjoy it on my next day off

"LET THE GAMES BEGIN!" Pic related.

Attached: Nails.png (106x122, 29.39K)

Reminder Thracia is the peak of the series.

Attached: 3JaZLhAFYUZc9grOX40jpHKEZdJUFP6UDNlqqyyngPo.jpg (908x500, 130.51K)