Is it worth it for new players to try path of exile?

Is it worth it for new players to try path of exile?

Attached: 7aodx2ft15d91.jpg (1024x576, 215.04K)

not really. try grim dawn or even diablo 2

yes but only if you have autism

D2R, D3 beat it handily

>try
Yes, silly question, it's free and one of the top ARPG on market. There is no reason not to try this game.

I don't think it's a good game, but sure why not. It's free and the pay2win elements (most notably stash space) don't really come up if you're just going through the campaign or something to see if you actually like the gameplay. If you do like it, it's not like you're even irrecoverably behind (if you care about that sort of thing to begin with), because people mostly play seasonal, so you'd just have to wait for the next season and start from an even playing field.

It's difficult to get into, and while dying isn't particularly punishing in the campaign, it's also not fun and you'll probably do it a shitload if you go in blind. It can be rewarding once you learn it, but that takes straight up hundreds of hours.

Also the drops are balanced around trade, and trade is cumbersome garbage.

Do you want a second job? If yes, it's great, it'll eat up all of your time. You can engage with its many many many systems that got added over the years and you still won't make any meaningful progress without either major luck or major game knowledge.

Yes. People who play it regularly will throw out their angry thoughts since everything's tense around the changes coming with the new league, but the game is still overall great in regards to ARPGs and has a lot of value to get out of it before you get tired of it. It's a good time if you go into it with an open mind.
>t. 7000+ hours

Attached: kripppoe.gif (626x624, 1.94M)

>Do you want a second job? If yes, it's great, it'll eat up all of your time.
This is false, I can do 24 challenges per league with casual play in 2 weeks on SSF, easily one week on normal server. Hardly "eat up all of your time".

Yeah, but how long have you been playing this game? To reach your point would hundreds of hours.

I know this is bait so I'm not mad. But do people actually enjoy d3 more than poe? Kinda weird

Attached: Picture of me 6.png (480x480, 149.12K)

If you've never played it before you might find it interesting but know that the game is basically on hold until they release their big expansion some time in the future (they don't even use the word "soon").

Nah that skill tree literally looks like the Quran

Yes? Combat actually feeling good being a really big deal in D3's favor

D3 can be fun for a week here and there. It's a breath of fresh air with how little tiresome bullshit there is but you run out of interesting things pretty quick.

Reminder that only shitters play softcore in ARPGs

Attached: Hat_Kid.jpg (982x982, 352.65K)

>pay2win
Who exactly are you "winning" over?

I started it this league and I had a lot of fun. But you WILL have to consult guides and wikis to understand a lot of stuff or to do well in the post-game content. There are a lot of things in the game that are overly complex just for the sake of it.

Your fellow players on ladder

What? Game have ladder?
t. playing since 2012 closed beta

wait a minute that anime

D3 is just really polished compared to all other games of this ilk. I wouldn't call it a better game, it just feels better to play for the few days it holds your interest.

i would have recommended it 5 years ago but there is way too much bloat to keep track of nowadays

I haven't played this game since before it became free to play.

It's okay, this genre in general has a "If you played one, you've played them all" feeling to it for me. Unless you absolutely have to scratch that itch I guess, but keep in mind this shit is a skinner box.

What ladder? There's no ladder. Also, literally who is retarded enough to care what "position" you're in on a fucking MMO game?

And how is buying a stash tab going to make you "win"?