Don't Starve Together Thread

>New Wickerbottom rework:youtube.com/watch?v=15ESUxxJvZs

Attached: Webber%27s_main_menu_animation2.gif (250x202, 1.16M)

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2809332721
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Attached: Wes-Train-endless.gif (188x200, 125.94K)

We only have a possible Maxwell or Wilson rework up next. "One to go", well, who will it be?

Attached: Wes-Bike2.gif (188x200, 390.86K)

Can we talk about this please? What the fuck was this?

Attached: maxresdefault-1.jpg (1280x720, 104.52K)

Why were the chinks at Tencent so desperate?

Attached: dont-starve-newhome-button-01-1624668527731.jpg (900x900, 133.76K)

Attached: Displeased.gif (500x281, 605.81K)

Attached: GiantInstructiveAtlanticspadefish-size_restricted.gif (250x266, 435.48K)

Wilson seems like he wouldn't need a rework. My money is on Maxwell considering so much of his character is completely unusable in DST.

The devs at Klei laid out a "roadmap" at their official forums, which described the final character rework update to "set the stage". They confirmed that both Wilson and Max are getting a rework, because they said that "all characters" are getting the rework treatment. My theory is that Wilson is getting a rework update, and Maxwell's will be combined with an update that will put an end to the Return of Them arc.

Attached: RWP_279_Wes_animation7.gif (250x237, 395K)

He a pretty good laborer.

What should be the new mechanics for Maxwell, anyway? I really think they should do better with his black magic powers, you know, but generally just rework all of him.

That would make the most sense. Something to change up the mechanics or traditional gameplay loop that all of the character can use their new toys and abilities in would be good.

He's certainly not worthless or anything. But his primary mechanic of making clones is essentially just "having friends" in multiplayer, but worse. And iirc his other gimmick of starting with some neat items doesn't even apply?

I wouldn't mind seeing a more game-changing sort of rework. Give him something as impactful as webber not having to deal with enemy spiders and whatnot. Honestly just let him walk around in the dark or something. Give him more interesting spells. Let him have some kind of unique interaction to fuck with other characters/items in some way that benefits him. Idk let him make sketchy monkey-paw deals or something.

>only a Maxwell or Wilson update is up next
This mod sort of sums up what I would want to find in a Maxwell rework:
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2809332721

Attached: loX9p-.gif (320x180, 918.72K)

Don't Starve is super popular in China and Russia.

What is this shit? Is this even legal?

They approached Klei to get licensed to make a chinese Don't Starve and they were told they were good to go.
Don't Starve Shipwrecked was made by CAPY games.

Legal? It's an official mobile game, Tencent owns Klei and thus owns Don't Starve. Game is shit though, what you would expect from your average chinkshit mobile game.

>I wouldn't mind seeing a more game-changing sort of rework
I agree with most of your suggestions, except for
>Let him have some kind of unique interaction to fuck with other characters/items in some way that benefits him. Idk let him make sketchy monkey-paw deals or something.
Everyone will just kill/ban anyone who plays Maxwell. Lore-wise, he has no more power over the Constant, so he can't really strike a deal with anyone since he is in the same situation as the other survivors. Most characters won't trust him anyway, since he was the one who got them trapped in the Constant.

Attached: MaxAndWilson.png (685x489, 624.23K)

I don't mean a forcible thing. Let him have some kind of unique deal he can make that maybe offers temporary buffs/boons to characters (relevant to who is doing the deal) and then have it backfire in someway afterwards. Maxwell has always been touted as a trickster, not unlike a con artist turned magician. He deceives people or takes advantage of them to get them to enter the portal. Incorporate that into his character in some way. Give Maxwell buffs for doing the "deals".

Or maybe just give him some kind of shadow form or something.

Is Wagstaff an antithesis to Wilson? A successful scientist and an unsuccessful one. How would their proper interactions play out? If he will be the main villain sooner or later, will it be Wilson who outperforms him?

Attached: Wagstaff.png (546x706, 306.89K)

I wonder what the hell they're gonna do with Wilson. They aren't gonna give him a downside presumably because he's the starter character and only has net benefits, but I wonder if those will extend past the second season ie growing a beard for winter. Hopefully it's something more utilitarian, beard hair doesn't matter that much and neither does the insulation

>Canucks cucking out to the Chinese

Attached: 1551842370616.gif (300x183, 690.4K)

They should push on his "Gentleman SCIENTIST" aspect more. Make him do more impossible "science" shit that borders on magic.

He doesn't like that though, he likes Winona's basic bitch generator but thinks the one with gems is unscientific. He's a nonce.