What's better for newbies of the series, V or IV?

What's better for newbies of the series, V or IV?
Also do you think V will become rare and valuable over time like IV did?

Attached: Shin-Megami-Tensei-V---Nintendo-Switch.jpg (921x1499, 343.07K)

Tranny game

>V or IV?

YOU'LL NEVER FIND 'EM

V is garbage

V is fucking shit
I doubt many switch games will be rare, they're produced at higher numbers and every game is digital
Start with IV, or better yet, Nocturne, then work your way from there. Go back and play originals if you still want more afterwards.

V is hot garbage, but it ain't newbie friendly

IV is the better game, but V is probably more friendly to new players. If they like hard RPG's already, then IV for sure.

IV is far superior
Is right but the only issue is that V is so mediocre it might turn you off from the series entirely.

I got into this series just so I could play V and it ended up being the most disappointing of them all. I wouldn't use it as a good measure of the series.

Just remember OP that the "V sucks" posts here are from series veterans. You'll enjoy V if you go into the series fresh more than IV.

just play nocturne HD, it's SMT V but better

Fuck off nocturnebabby

ON THE NAME OF
GOD
I WILL NOT CRACK

Attached: 1647842022543.gif (260x454, 1.12M)

devil survivor
the story is fun and the combat is very straight forward but still challenging

Where the fuck does the hate for V come from? It's a fine game, has it problems like just about every single game in existence. Jaded retards, why even continue to play games if you go into them wanting to dislike them?

How can you recommend Nocture to someone new?

This is the same as saying "Go player Persona 2 before 5" or "Xenosaga 3 before Chronicles 3".

>How can you recommend Nocture to someone new?
how can you not?

I didn't go into the game wanting to dislike it. I started playing this series specifically because I thought SMTV looked interesting and it finally gave me the motivation to start playing through them all. After getting through the rest of them first, V just wasn't good. It's half-finished, the environments are the same thing over and over, there are no dungeons, the other characters may as well not exist, and the entire final stretch and the ending is sleep inducing.

For me:
>Magatsuhi is an awful mechanic and trivializes the game. It’s also entirely pointless because 99% of the alternative magatsuhi skills are inferior to the default “everyone gets a free press-turn” the game was designed around this mechanic so you can’t simply ignore it or else you’ll continuously get fucked on the hardest difficulty because otherwise you and your team do dogshit damage

>the worst environment and design of the entire series. “Empty desert with broken buildings” is boring 5 minutes into the game but you better get used to it because that’s all there is

>forgettable soundtrack, especially when compared to IV. Literally not 1 memorable soundtrack in the game

>day 1 dlc

>*has 5 minutes of screentime in your path*

Attached: 1651391283494.png (925x2928, 1.55M)

Yeah what the fuck happened with the story
They literally forgot about it for 90% of the game

God I hate IV fags so fucking much

>t.nocturnebabby

i looked forward to SMTV for five fucking years. i bought a switch for the game. it was mediocre. unmemorable. there is nothing worth discussing about it. i did not go into the game wanting to dislike it.

You never played I and II and IV is a horrible knock off and always will be.

Because its incredibly fucking boring and half of the faults people throw at 5 could be thrown at nocturne
No story in a JRPG lol
Main characters barely do anything for the runtime
The endings are shit
>b-b-ut nocturne endings are great
No their shit. So shit they had to patch in a good one for maniax edition
Le difficulty le dark souls of jrpg needless difficulty that just more off putting than anything and mostly require grinding to best anyways

4>2>1>5=3

Nocturnebabby

I played III as my first SMT game a month ago and it was great. With the HD remaster why not start with that?

Nocturne. It's easier than those two, despite what the mob says. It's the first press-turn Megaten game, and it feels like it. It's very simple mechanically, making it easier to get used to the series' mechanics. You just need to remember that buff/debuffs are important, then you're set.

Attached: nocturne.jpg (1920x1080, 182.48K)

1 = 2 > 3 > SJ > 4 > 4A > ...If > 5

Attached: 1633571374580.png (485x944, 410.2K)

>triggers the nocturnebabby by being the superior game

Attached: D3E688A8-4DF9-4D9D-8169-3D24315AB70F.jpg (486x449, 36K)

great game EXCEPT the battle system which isn't nearly as fun as press turn

>dude what if the final boss just cheated lol