Do you think mods ruin the original concept of the game?

do you think mods ruin the original concept of the game?

Attached: 1659642048831983.png (517x591, 397.27K)

well, I think that they can. they don't always just "do" categorically, as you seem to be asking, for some idiotic reason

>fursuit power armor for what I'm guessing is a space wolf
honestly in character them
if any space marine were a furfag it would be them

this is the developer's intent and as usual it is SHIT

>space wolves
fag

And the thing with 40k is the setting is so fucking big that it can't all be represented by official models. Local variations of tech turn up all the time in the fluff.

That said OP's pic is unfathomably gay.

>Space Wolves get one (1) wolf head helmet, 1 wolf head with a gem stuck in its face and an open helmet
>Dark Angels get this
On the other hand, beakies power armor is great and the whole heresy line is cool.

Attached: pj0TttUvDPfIJ8iv.jpg (1000x612, 96.55K)

1. Dark Angels are better than furfags
2. Iconography and heraldry is a major part of their thing

Yeah, but beaky armor simply isn't as prominent in modern 40k so I guess people forget about it.

Attached: fullsizerender.jpg (768x767, 111.99K)

>mfw that will be £15

Attached: aku-shokku.gif (495x378, 684.82K)

kitbashing has always been a thing

Dark Angel helmets actually fit there original theme of space knoghts, mean while the new wolf helmet just makes them go more into the wolf aspect even though they were supposed to be space vikings

I am glad that everyone hating the space wolves means I'm not a hipster because I fucking hated them before and everyone hating them doesn't change that. They're peak snowflake chapter that gets to punch above their weight because of author favoritism in a way that scars/ravens/salamanders don't.

Look how cute he is he just wants a little head pat

ruining the concept is a little extreme i think it looks cool and i don't have a problem with artistic license in a hobby that encourages players to take their own with the IP

Warhammerfags, scale model/mecha autist here, is it true that GW keeps fucking you in the ass with prices?

I never really got into Warhammer outside of Dawn of War. What are the best Warhammer games?

Yes and no. If you buy directly, its stupid expensive. But if you buy from a third party (and dont live in a shithole) you get 20% everything. Plus Warhammer models are nearly all exceptional in terms of quality and details.

In my anecdotal experience few other brands come close to their model quality.

he looks more like rat than a wolf with that shitty helmet

Attached: TGBqp.jpg (1600x1200, 165.82K)

Even if they did, so what? If a game can be modded, then who cares if someone "ruins" it by making a mod? Who are they ruining it for? Themselves? Clearly THEY don't think it "ruins" the game if they made the mod, and clearly the people who download it don't think so.

So who is the arbiter? Some third party? Why would anyone care? I don't care if someone thinks music I like is shit, why would I care if someone thinks I'm "ruining" a game by adding some mod they don't approve of?

And also, why is the original game some sanctified thing that needs to be protected from being "ruined" at all? It's a game. You play it to have fun. Who gives a shit how you do that?

It matters because minis can only have so many unofficial modifications if you plan to take them to GW tournaments. Also, some people just want "canonical" minis and nothing else.

Attached: Games_Workshop-Warhammer_40000-Primaris_Space_Marines-Captain_5-1.jpg (450x600, 87.22K)

>It matters because minis can only have so many unofficial modifications if you plan to take them to GW tournaments.
Ok, so let me clarify something since...for some fucking reason you people are on Any Forums talking about Warhammer models.

First, I've played and collected 40k since before everyone in this thread was even alive. Not a single one of you has ever even seen a 1st or 2nd Edition rulebook, so I know plenty about official models. And second, GW and everything associated with them has been complete dogshit for the last decade and no human being still willingly pays them money unless they're a diagnosed retard.

And third, who the fuck would ever play in an official GW tournament? They've always been anti-fun dogshit for turbo autists.