Why is modern pixel "art" like this?

Why is modern pixel "art" like this?

Attached: 20220804_235338.jpg (1193x715, 95.63K)

Better than the hat edit anyway

Like what?

It looks cool

because it's better probably
the smb1 sprites aren't that pretty objectively. they just work for what it is.

the one on the left captures the feel of mario more than the one on the right. neither are official so idk why u think it matters desu

Soul / Soulless

Because there's actual artist behind those now and you can create sprite more easily than typing lines of code.

>neither are official
nigga

First time baiting?

how is it a bait? both arent nintendo official

betting that the one on the left has more articulate animations due to greater memory capacity. The one on the right only has like, 2 animations, running (which is also the same sprite as jumping) and ducking.

So with little memory the sprites had to be simple to be easily discerned.

This is the only instance of these "redesigned" Mario sprites that I actually like.
Nintendo unironically hire that man.

Holy desperation. Are you a bot, mate?

paper mario was a mistake and intelligent systems should've gone bankrupt

Because they aren't limited by a 3 color palette or a 8x8 space per tile, nor other memory issues.

So people won't limit themselves to use these limits, unless it's the ever so rare cases that they do want to stay mostly faithful to a NES/SNES/Genesis kind of artstyles by using this limitations.
I think only Shovel Knight kind of uses this?

In .jpg like a retard made it?

How is the right one not official

The design philosophy of pixel art has evolved over time, not just due to tastes changing but also because techniques have been developed on how to best convey forms using a limited number of pixels.

left is too edgy

This, it's like different artstyles.

Attached: soul.png (437x586, 11.58K)

The fun part about pixel art is that if it looks like the one on the left, the game was made by a troon

The neck is a little weird, but this otherwise looks great to me.

I don't understand why I think the same thing. it's just a few pixels, how can we come to same conclusion over just a few different pixels?

What the FUCK Nintenbros??? How could Miyamoto let Next Level do this?

Attached: mario cholo.jpg (450x574, 43.32K)

because you two have mindrot and it's unfortunately terminal

idk, but the way I feel about it depends on how it looks in motion.

Attached: HknightGhost1jump.gif (64x96, 2.79K)

The left looks fun but too dramatic for Mario.
Also, it may be harder to read since it's more stylized and uses perspective.
The one on the right was the first time most people saw Mario, so the design had to be clear and obvious, hence the simple pose that puts his body directly at us and his face in profile, with big flat colors for the features.

Now that people have been exposed to pixel art for decades, you can push the style further like the left without too many people getting confused.