B3313 v1.0 Preview

A demo was just released for version 1.0 of B3313. The full release is coming soon.

youtube.com/watch?v=cHbFPSoVqE8

romhacking.com/hack/B13--a-small-b3313-1.0-preview-

Attached: B3313v1preview.png (1280x904, 1.93M)

oh hell yes
I hope they changed everything to fuck up my memory

missed these threads

They were best threads on Any Forums until jannies had to go fuck it up.

Can't wait, there's something so satisfying about figuring out how to maneuver around the castle and mastering Mario's movement that elevates this beyond some sort-of spooky Mario 64 mod.

red fog is raping my framerate

Attached: 1659675297133.gif (480x360, 1.96M)

>jump off behind the castle
>screen stays black

Attached: 1639367491157.png (1329x997, 579.64K)

haha, BEEB

Beat the demo
that new Eternal Fort remix fire[/spoilers]

Would this be a good game if it didn't have the Mario 64 coat of paint? I wanna say it would. B3313 is genuinely one of the coolest things to come out in a while. LSD (the game) + Mario platforming is a genuinely good idea.

I've wondered that myself. I'd say no. I think a major part of the experience is playing off of subtle differences from the original game, childhood memories, and the mystery of the beta (what could have been, what changed, why, etc. ) Without it what is the game really? Just a maze?

Well it's still a platformer like Mario 64, and there are objectives to complete, but it's got the components of one of those surrealist horror games. I think there's genuinely something unique here that could work as its own game, if you did some adjustments.

The level design as is isn't really endearing. A good majority of them are just wide open flat planes with some enemies scattered. Bad modeling too. Which is passable for an atmospheric romhack playing off of the things I mentioned earlier, but it could definitely be improved and would need to be improved for a real game. If it is to work it would need some major tweaking as a different game.

I ignored the threads when they were going on so I never got an idea what it was all about, should I try it before 1.0 comes out?

Oh yeah, I'm not saying 'as is,' but a 3D platformer with Yume Nikki/LSD surreal exploration is something I think COULD work as its own game.

I have no idea what's being added, but I've heard it's big. Idk if he's going to change a bunch of shit around or just add shit. I'd say play it now.

Wonder if we'll get an actual ending, and not just a janky Mario 64 standard one.

I'm fairly confident I can answer that, but I don't want to take away from the mystery if you don't want me too.

It's based off the Mario 64 beta but full of "that kid" shit with strange paths and levels around every corner. From what I can tell this demo is just meant to show off some new things they're adding and not nearly as sprawling as the base game.

Attached: 1655687001262.png (1329x997, 643.52K)

>my one controller gave out during an OoT replay
fuck

fun fact, the demo has a load of easter eggs and over 20 stars, you just have to look hard enough ;)
for starters, try fast travelling more than once

Why would you release a demo of this? Doesn't that defeat the whole purpose of the mystery, exploration and discussion? If you want a demo play an older version.

Based on the previews before they got taken down because the creator felt like he was spoiling too much, a lot of areas got shuffled around and the castle got expanded so much that it's going to feel fresh no matter what which is nice
I also saw a bit of what he's doing to a few existing areas and it's going to be fun

Neat. Is he done shilling his music now?

the fuck? over 20? is there anything you can get in the haunted/glitched versions of the lobby?

its mostly for showcasing new areas
it has an exclusive hub area anyways, you wont get spoiled too much from the main game