Why does visual fidelity trigger Nintendo fans?

Why does visual fidelity trigger Nintendo fans?

youtu.be/uJiKlXhPbRI

Really any attempt at making old games not look terrible results in the same "NINTENDO HIRE THIS MAN" meme dogpiling. I've never seen a more conditioned fanbase in my life

Attached: Super_Mario_64_(1996)_N64_vs_Fan_Remake_#short_#nintendo_#sm64_#mario_vHS4MA3oHtw-1.webm (360x640, 2.66M)

The grass is too shiny, there's no shading on the warp pipe, and the seams on Mario's overalls are obnoxiously big. 1/10

Fuck I hate Mario. Dumbest looking motherfucker out there

>Mouth not corvette by mustache
>Thin lakitu
>Ugly architectural additions
>Shitty camerawork
>Washed out colors

Attached: soul_drain.png (310x450, 320.79K)

OP is a fucking faggot. Remember that every opening post that asks why is bait.

Attached: 1656687582103.jpg (605x605, 46.7K)

No u

I’m not a nintendo fan nor have I ever played Super Mario 64 but both look like shit. SM64 has no style and the hire this man version seems to capture that well considering the source material looks like shit so the remake will also be shit

>the "Fan remake" is just Odyssey assets plopped into unreal or unity
>still manages to look worse because the animations are shit, the environment is lumpy and the lighting is all handled by the engine instead of being fine-tuned

Attached: 1641690136433.jpg (319x391, 42.71K)

If Nintendo relased Render96 with 0 changes for $70 all Nintendo fans would suck it off and claim it was the greatest thing ever

Honestly, it looks good. God bless Render96 team.
The lava looks like a fuckin covid bloodclot, though.

HIRE

4k textures on low poly never looks good.

Because they love their brand, it's not a matter of quality.
The very same devs could leave nintendo and make their own game but be treated poorly.
Gaming isn't just by big named companies and console wars don't exist anymore other than to fanboys.
In the same vein, you dont need to be hired by nintendo to make a good game but they fail to see this.
It's actually kinda sad that they're stuck in this mindset.
There's so much potential for competition and people could enjoy so many new things if they just learnt to accept other things. We all could really.

how long until they add 64 ds content?

This honestly looks worse than the original game.

>implying old games look terrible
are you one of those people who begs for remasters all the time?

hire fans lol

>posts shitty unreal engine trash as the basis for his claim that fan remakes suck
>links to a video of a quality mod using the original code and custom assets based on the original promotional material

God you’re such a fucking faggot OP, I genuinely hope you get hit by a fucking truck and isekaid as a background npc in the dead space universe

>render96
has never and will never look good. I laso like how the webm was fucked from the get go with obnoxious and ugly cloud

>Incoming Nostalgia
>that garbage pop music
What the fuck?

Literally proved my point

Literally proved my point.

Were they trying to make it look like the renders from the ads? Cause if so then that's pretty decent. If not, well...