Oh yeah, that happened

>oh yeah, that happened

Attached: file.png (1294x1294, 1.67M)

it made millions touch grass

It's still going and is currently doing cross promotion with the pokemon tcg. It's just not being played by normies.

It was better when it only had Gen 1 and 2.

It was great fun for one month then it was dogshit. Sorry if you missed it out are still going

it's literally still one of the most popular mobile games of all time and millions still play it constantly.
they're even adding it to the PWC which will bring even more people to it

How many people did it kill?

Unironically the best pokemon game released since SuMo
>has all the pokemon (eventually)
>makes you less of a fatass
>encourages cooperating with people irl

>All I remember is a couple walked off a cliff playing it

The fucking clown world we live in man

Attached: AcidShower.jpg (476x470, 33.73K)

>from small town
>barely any pokemon
>gave up
>went back to it 2 years later
>tons of pokemon suddenly everywhere
>play it for a week or so
>wait a year
>go back and play it again.
>collect more pokemon
>haven't touched it since spring 19.

is it closing down or something?

Natural selection in action

I remember reading about how people were taking trips to other countries to capture pokemon

Did Nintendo sabotage this since it was more popular than the regular pokemon games.

its impossible not to look cringe while playing it outside

Niantic sabotaged it themselves with their terrible decisions. They actually think Pokemon Go's success is because of their own doing and not because of the IP while wondering why every single other game they're making fails right from the get go.

Nigga this shit is STILL happening

what decisions?

They increased the range of gyms and stops when covid started and decided last year that covid was over and reverted it. Absolutely everyone hated it and they refused to restore it until all the whales went on strike and they started losing revenue.

The last go fest was $15 for a ticket compared to the previous one which was $5, they decided to stop giving out free remote raid passes, they increased the price of raid passes, they cut community days down from 6 hours back to the pre-covid length of 3 hours, and they're introducing new raids where you can't invite remote raiders. The pokemon they choose for community days has been pretty shitty too. The last one we had was Starly, which already an incredibly common spawn.

There's some other things, but those are the ones off the top of my head.

>range of gyms and stops
You used to have to be closer to the damn things?
I only played for a little while earlier this year

Yes, you had to be right on it. The game was unplayable for a lot of people when they reverted it.

Oh, and the most recent decision. They released the Galar forms for the legendary birds, but they only spawn from a special incense you can use once a day for 15 minutes, have to be constantly moving for it to do anything, and the birds have an incredibly rare chance to spawn.

If you get one to spawn, they have a 90% flee rate and a 0.03% catch rate.

It's almost like the fuckers are asking people to spoof at this point.

Attached: 1536549029901.jpg (356x238, 19.64K)

I dislike the lack of remote passes
I can't do raids anymore
Feels like the CDs are just throwaway now. Also fuck them for making Wimpod 400 candy

Niantic killed Ingress with prime and now they only use it to farm the community for new portal/stop locations, they can go fuck themselves.

Attached: primelogo.png (512x512, 169.3K)

But you play the game through the phone's camera? Even if you're staring at your phone you should still be able to SEE the cliff right?

Call me back when you can build a team and battle your friends.

I know people who still play every day

As someone who has played on and off since release and hated spoofers, I've joined them and never looked back. It's a much more rewarding experience.