What is the current state of State of Decay 2? Why has it been continuing to receive updates since its release?

What is the current state of State of Decay 2? Why has it been continuing to receive updates since its release?
Is it worth purchasing for $10? how does it compare to one?
I heard it compared to rust-likes and that's a big turnoff for me

Attached: unknown-2.png (1200x675, 1.58M)

>Is it worth purchasing for $10?
You'll get your money's worth.
>how does it compare to one?
Its literally the same game but with quality of life, 1 is entirely obsolete.
>I heard it compared to rust-likes and that's a big turnoff for me
I don't know what a "rust-like" is, but this game can be played in multiplayer co-op, which will make it extremely ultra piss easy when doing so. You will like or dislike the game depending on what you're looking for in a zombie survival game.

>You'll get your money's worth.
But will I actually have fun or is it more a time investment gameplay loop towards completion thing

I got super into it on gamepass until I learned loot doesn't respawn and you have to hop between maps taking only 3 people with you.

WTF is that shit. What's the point of building a base and training your survivors using rare skill books

If you want to play sod 2, dont forget to download the character customization mod, most of the character in this game is either mutt or a nigger.

>loot doesn't respawn and you have to hop between maps taking only 3 people with you
Even on Lethal mode the map has enough loot to let you set up your infinite resource acquisition. Good management of base facilities, outposts, and ally communities will have you gaining resources daily instead of losing them. I rarely ever loot over half the map before I'm all set up and end up with too much resources. There are also radio commands that will spawn a rucksack of anything you call for and tell you where it is so you can go pick it up, this command always spawns a new one on the map to give you, so don't be afraid to use it.

how necessary are mods?

Honestly no, the game starts fun and exciting, but the more you get into it you notice the cracks, and oh boy are they massive
>Making a specialized base is irrelevant since you can capture outposts in the map that offer the same as some buildings (ammo, food, beds, electricity, fuel, etc) so your experience Barry changes no matter what type of leader you choose
>Combat is decent, but you'll realize how easy it is to dodge enemies and backstab them
>Zombies are ok, but human enemies are so fucking bullshit: Can tank headshots, can dodge heavy melee weapons and crossbows so if you have those you might as well kill yourself, they're extremely accurate, and even if they carry a bitch pistol they'll kill you in 2/3 shots (also zombies will be attracted to gunfire and attack you and only you)
>Scavenging gets pretty boring pretty fucking fast
>Most buildings are extremely situational and barely worth the time resources invested in them

what do you do for infinite food and fuel? I had to kill some of the communities on the map and the others don't give me shit besides free followers

Current state is decaying

It's been a downward spiral of broken updates. They broke the game pretty bad simply to add a nigger shirt last year. Other than that. Great game

give me the QRD

New game mode essentially lets you new game plus your community when you beat a map and go to a new one so I've heard

Not really necessary, most of sod 2 mods are cosmetic and gameplay tweaks. But I really recommend you to download the character tweaking mod.

Now that I think about it, why didn't they make a character creator? Let's be real you're going to roll those characters until you get the one you want, so might as well let players make their own

I was waiting for this piece of shit to get down to a reasonable price.

Attached: 1289929238924.jpg (622x476, 77.91K)

I haven't played State of Decay 2 but the distinct starting characters in one and their stories has some charm.
Are the characters randomly generated or is it pulling from a pool like with Breakdown from State of Decay?
Is there even a story?

This current price is what's tempting me. lower than the lowest listed price on isthereanydeal but that's because of the bundle

Attached: file.png (640x447, 181.98K)

Because there are some obscenely overpowered traits. If you could pick and choose your traits your first three survivors would be functionally unkillable.

that explains a lot
I remember I tried to make "a base for the white race" but everytime I rushed to help a new group it was the ugliest nogs
I moved map like 2 times into the mountains until I found white people. I understand white flight now

Ah shit I bought it directly without looking at the bundle. I could have saved a few bucks.

Attached: 1500767345466.png (522x692, 550.94K)

I'll never forget state of decay 1 got mad I killed their gay npcs and locked me out from the changing base mechanic.

Attached: 280.gif (640x480, 2.66M)

I pirated it, used a trainer to be invincible and beat it, I liked the dlc car or whatever that had the american flag and burned zombies from the sides, it was a cool way to travel.

never forget these lost $2.55

Attached: 886.gif (333x358, 1.83M)

Fuck!

Attached: 1622436913345.png (560x668, 398.63K)

my local banker changed his policies and charged me $2 for bank account maintenance

Attached: persona01.png (471x476, 130.3K)

literally me.
It just makes it easier for me to self insert

I want to live on a farm.