Make a tps with good mobility options and bullet time

>make a tps with good mobility options and bullet time
>but forget to add a jump button and make the bullet time extremely short
>oh and your slides, melee attacks and bullet time all use the same resource that can only be recharged by waiting
Fuck, vanquish could have been so much better if they didnt fall for the cover shooter meme
Imagine a sequel with bigger maps and more movement options

Attached: vanquish.jpg (987x1135, 216.15K)

Absolute brainlet take, limitation breeds creativity

Cover shooters arent exactly creative

It was rough, yes, and mikami adapted it a bit to what was then selling. Initially it was more like its inspiration, picrel tatsunoku's casshern but with guns seeing as he wanted to avoid doing a full brawler due to his own god hand. I'd say a sequel wouldve done wonders with it but I said the same thing about the evil within, so

Attached: Casshan_(BluRay_box_art).jpg (220x272, 23.17K)

neat, a Vanquish thread

Attached: 20220729001412_2.jpg (1920x1080, 397.62K)

My dream TPS would be Vanquish with a slightly more expanded AR suit juice(or at least tying melee options to a different resource or not having it instantly overheat you), combined with the vertical aspect of the jetpack fights from something like Dark Void.
Vanquish's really fun. I go back and replay it like once a year and it's really sad seeing the TPS genre as a whole not really get much action these days since I really like it.

>Dark Void
now that's a forgotten one. What was the one with the glave called, it's also tps scifi

Dark Sector

The one from the Warframe devs?
Dark something. Dark Sector I think?
Apparently that was meant to be a splinter cell game originally, or something inspired by Splinter Cell.

speaking of, maybe give Warframe a spin?

They should at least give you another way to regenerate energy besides just waiting, someting like the zandatsu from MGR or maybe just shooting certain weakspots in enemies I dunno

>Dark Sector
aye that's it, thanks m8s
>Apparently that was meant to be a splinter cell game originally, or something inspired by Splinter Cell
didnt know that, interesting.

Attached: tumblr_mkdzegYj0U1r8tgtto1_500.gif (480x270, 644.27K)

I heard that melee combat was way more prevalent on early builds until play testers started bitching

I did, warbros and all of that.
I hated it. Nothing about the game felt like it actually belonged together, the movement didn't fit the level design, the maps didn't fit the looting gameplay system, the enemies barely fit the shooting and the powers felt like an add on.
I wanted PvE Global Agenda but good and all I got was disappointment and the occasional boner because Mag.

Melee should have used a 50% gauge chunk, so you would have to make split second decisions on using it at around half bar and risking an overheat. However, you could still be using it more frequently if you're playing well and holding gauge by using boost-dodge.

Limitations in our case bred poor GoW clone and bunch of pathetic "stylish" plays where retards just spammed 1 - 2 moves and posted it on 4troon, even watch dogs was better at that

I just wish Vanquish had better melee combat

Just let me fucking punch robots without it basically being all risk and no reward

>but forget to add a jump button
You can jump by kicking walls or ennemies during a slide.

Attached: 1636121983880.jpg (640x360, 30.09K)

I think they should also improve the weapons or just let the player carry all of them at once
I thought that the upgrade system was dumb and that most weapons were pretty bad
and that handgun was op you could destroy bosses with it once you upgraded it a bit

thats not the same as a dedicated jump button and you know it
you cant move once you are in the air
that being said I did abuse the shit out of that "jump" with the handgun and bullet time

I prefer to play "slow" Vanquish, ie RE6.

If you're playing Vanquish like a cover shooter, you're not playing it right.

Sucks that what Dark Sector originally was supposed to be, and how Warframe ended up (which used the ideas and concept designs that Dark Sector originally had before a publisher made them brown&bloom it w/ a more Earthly aesthetic) are completely different.

>Vanquish like a cover shooter
well its not like the game encourages you to be agressive, there is a reason why your energy is so limited and your health is so low

Unless you're playing God Hard mode there's no reason to think the game is limiting you.

This game was terrible garbage. I'm not sure why someone would ever play this over Max Payne 3, a game with actual satisfying gunplay, but I guess some people have ADHD ¯\_(ツ)_/¯