The Purple Box

So Any Forums what games did GameCube do better in the world of cross platform?

Everyone remembers the exclusives of Gen 6, but between PS2 and the cube some shared games are different. People talk about Genesis vs SNES games like Earthworm Jim, but what about the battle of the black and purple box. All I know off hand is Spiderman 2 had a free web mode in one but not the other. GameCube has more raw power but PS2 has more shaders and space for textures so each has an advantage.

I'm putting together a much neglected Gen 6 emulation package to put out there but trying to keep it slim enough people can actually use it. But its a neat topic as well since the differences are more subtle than Gen 3 - 5 but still present.

Attached: GCN.jpg (1500x1290, 105.49K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=S7XwWESGPNI
youtube.com/watch?v=6kQfJtDHX-4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

REmake, RE4

Viewtiful Joe

Sonic Heroes was butchered on the ps2, though that game wasn't very great to begin with.

Killer7
>Spiderman 2
I think the Xbox version is the definitive one

Those are some good examples. Made me realize I should have thought about the Wii as well. I personally think Twilight Princess controls better on Gamecube. And not all the ports to WiiU/Switch are even necessarily better.

Everything controls better than the Wii. Fucking motionshit is terrible, even games with soul like galaxy are like 4/10 because of the controls

Almost every 6th gen multi platform game was better on the Xbox

Thought about Xbox as you are definitely right but my goal is to get a collection out there for people to use and Xbox emulation is far behind the other two. It usually gets a graphical boost as Xbox could do higher resolutions but with emulators you can upscale the shit out of them anyway.

I have a real fondness for the purple cube but damn did so many things have the PS2 in mind in their creation.

NFS Hot Pursuit 2 is a different and way better game on the PS2

Better
>Killer7
>Resident Evil 4
>Bomberman Jetters
>Most of the Sonic games
And uhhhhhh was Serious Sam next encounter on PS2?

>was Serious Sam next encounter on PS2?
Yes

I have noticed that lot Gamecube games supported widescreen but PS2 ones didn't

Pretty much every James Bond game

Was the Gamecube version better? You wouldn't need a multitap for 4 player so I would imagine so.

None of them. The gamecube is trash and if you like it I'm going to assume you're a gayboy or a tranny

Attached: 124141212444.jpg (1983x1168, 477.05K)

I think yes but I only played GC

youtube.com/watch?v=S7XwWESGPNI

Had mine next to my PC. For $100 new it was an ok Mario machine. The resolution and framerate was dogshit but well, it's a console, lmao.

Interesting. I never noticed that but at the time had a CRT.

Ya Xbox gets a nice graphic bump but in emulation PS2 and GCN can upscale very well as their emulators are better off. PS2 also beats out Xbox on shaders though its shaders were so weird some are barely used by any games. Otherwise I would just snag the Xbox collection and call it a day, but I wanted to curate something useful overall for people.

Sonic Heroes ran better on Gamecube than PS2.

youtube.com/watch?v=6kQfJtDHX-4

Most multipats ran way better on the cube than they did on the PS2.

Tales of Symphonia. I don't give give a shit about 1 extra dungeon, some shitty costumes and skits. 60FPS > all that shit

Attached: 1656953194499.png (259x335, 89.04K)

Is the framerate its only a advantage? That is big but curious.

I liked this game a lot, it's the only Serious Sam game I played but it was great
>big emphasis on figuring out how to move safely between big crowds of enemies making combat a fun movement puzzle
>fun combo system
>runs great, rock-solid 60fps
>nice minimal UI
>controls actually manage to work on dumb gamecube controller
>weapon balance is great, everything has a purpose and is used a lot (shotgun is great for the bulls, machine guns are great for those kamikaze zombies etc)
Only thing I didn't like was some environments took too long to traverse and the final boss is shit. But it's at least an 8.5/10 in my book. Are the other Serious Sam games like Next Encounter?

As far as I recall, yeah. They struggled to fit even the base game on 2 of those mini dvd disks, so extra content (especially extra voiceovers for the skits and all that) was out of the question. PS2 just had so much more disk space. Ironically even the PS3 rerelease didn't have 60fps lmao. Even the PC version needs fucking mods to unlock 60. Namco are eternal jews

Attached: 1658599409713504.jpg (712x712, 100.78K)

>look through old buyer's guides/shopping catalogues
>tons of great games, a lot of Nintendo's bests, coming out left and right through 2004
>sold like complete shit
crazy to think about.

That is some goofy shit. Gen7 was so bad for framerates I'm somehow not surprised though those consoles were so weak for their time frame. I'll probably make a Gen7 collection after this but Gen6 will take awhile to put together and upload since it has a lot more games that aren't just better to play on PC.