New Vegas thread

Recently got back into NV, just finished Honest Hearts as my first DLC clear, I'll admit I had to restart the whole thing after a few hours cause I killed follow chalk the first time. Great DLC overall, one of best DLCs ive played. Joshua ended up being a lot more interesting than expected and the whole thing had more nuanced than I figured it would. From what I can gather from 2nd hand knowledge Uylesses the the primary link throughout the DLC's so is there a generally recommended playing for them? Anyway general NV thread.

Attached: Honest-Heartsburing1.jpg (1280x800, 220.37K)

Play order is HH->OWB->DM->LR

I recommend doing Dead Money first because it doesn't level scale well. Alternatively, DM is also the one that's most skippable.

thanks for the tips. so Londesome Road seems to definitely be the final DLC to do.

i know you guys will think this question is stupid, but i don't know where else to ask
i have a macbook, one of the newer m1 ones. i really enjoyed papers please and i like stardew valley and baba is you well enough
i'd like to know if there are any other fun simple games that my not-gaming computer can run

Attached: Screen Shot 2022-08-03 at 8.38.46 PM.png (244x244, 74.42K)

Don't listen to this user:
Just play them in release order. DM, HH, OWB, LR.

Inb4 the schizo closed tranny retard

By the rivers of Babylon we sat and wept
when we remembered Zion.
There on the poplars
we hung our harps,
for there our captors asked us for songs,
our tormentors demanded songs of joy;
they said, “Sing us one of the songs of Zion!”

How can we sing the songs of the Lord
while in a foreign land?
If I forget you, Jerusalem,
may my right hand forget its skill.
May my tongue cling to the roof of my mouth
if I do not remember you,
if I do not consider Jerusalem
my highest joy.

Remember, Lord, what the Edomites did
on the day Jerusalem fell.
“Tear it down,” they cried,
“tear it down to its foundations!”
Daughter Babylon, doomed to destruction,
happy is the one who repays you
according to what you have done to us.
Happy is the one who seizes your infants
and dashes them against the rocks.

Attached: 1652426579367.jpg (177x284, 6.3K)

HH is disconnected from the other three because it was made by Sawyer, Avellone's are a trilogy that play in release order: DM OWB LR

huh I figured Ulyesses was the courier Joshua mentioned, linking them together.

Yes but it's a token attempt at bridging the stories. Ulysses is the courier he mentions and the one responsible for training and arming the White Legs but it's got nothing to as a whole with the Courier vs Courier story of the others.

I just started DM for the first time and I don't get the hate. It's pretty fun sneaking through here. I even went in at level 13 despite it's 20+ recommendation and I'm not a stealth character either. Aside from some occasional traps insta-gibbing me, I've thought it was a fun change of pace from the main game.

>retard who can't even siege a Dam

Attached: WER.png (1601x1024, 288.98K)

Most people disliked how they had to actually "survive" with less equipment and the restrictive nature of the Sierra Madre due to the cloud and the collar signals.
Plus the incredibly low amount of ammo and how most anons apparently didn't spec anything into melee/unnarmed

Yes, Joshua even admits he's no fucking tactician. He's just a really good drill sergeant in training troops and just being really strong as a combatant.

You can't stealth anyway the Ghost People have a Perception of 0 which makes it infinite

siege is not being a tactician is the base thing you do when you need to take a fort.

SINCE BRONZE AGE PEOPLE SIEGE BEFORE SEND THEIR MINIONS TO DIE.

being a good tactician is made a good siege not just made a siege

Are you Indian? I do not understand your broken sentences.

See that’s another thing, on top of being almost ten levels lower than they recommend, I’m a guns/repair/survival build. I have no melee or unarmed skills. On top of that survivalist hasn’t proved that useful yet outside of a crafting lunchboxes, and repair hasn’t helped much either.

I get in DM, everyone says you’re SUPPOSED to go full melee/unarmed, but I got that police pistol and well over 100 rounds for it and the thing blasts the ghosts apart.

Play the build you want. When you look online for "good builds", you find most people just want to brainlessly speed through the game with not much thought. First playthrough of NV was because of my buddy with a heavy drinking problem lmao I had no clue wtf I was doing. I might download Fallout NV again tn & get Shadow PC up & running.

Attached: 1648339978703.png (1270x802, 578.79K)

kek. I loved Fallout 4 & still get people seething at me when I say that.

Attached: 1625242997996.png (680x396, 286.09K)

I kept restarting honest hearts because I thought I could save the caravan folk and save my pay, needless to say I could not but I was not dissatisfied for sure

I just wanted to pop into this thread and remind everyone Lanius did nothing wrong. There is a Mr. New Vegas radio-sting about Lanius ordering his men to beat each other to death as punishment, and everyone made their assessment based on that.
>Conquered the Hangdogs by using their own religion against them
>Came up with the idea of using secret tunnels instead of a direct assault on Hoover Dam
>Is feared even more than anyone the Legion might fight
Granted we don't know a ton about him, but he ain't the braindead barbarian people have the impression of him as. That'd be general Oliver.
>Sacked the Chief BECAUSE he was successful in defending the dam and he didn't like the rangers getting credit
>Took the direct opposite approach to Hanlon's successful tactic of sitting back on the hills and shoot the legion from afar, instead opting to mass troops on the dam itself in a fuck huge meatgrinder (made doubly worse when you consider the Legion have a fucking howitzer and potentially* ally with the Boomers)
>Can easily be intimidated by the courier, whereas Lanius has to be talked down with the strategy of the actual war
>Is literally referred to derogatorily as "General Wait and See" by his own men

Attached: 20220626150933_1.jpg (578x655, 97.7K)

I enjoy modding fallout 4, honestly story wise all I give a damn about is nice little bits of continuity they decided to pop in. Other then that the base building is dull and I think it sucks I can't progress story without forcefully joining a major faction just to see some underground lab thingy that has impossible apes

Dead Money's enemy scaling starts at 5, the recommended level is for stat checks in dialogue and lockpicking/hacking.

The Knife Spear is specifically made to be a viable fall back for all builds. The STR and Melee Weapon requirements are so low that you have to deliberately minmax your way out of being able to use them at maximum damage and swing speed. Going in with a melee build is basically overkill.

Dude starting dead money I was almost max level since I did lonesome road first, I was punching everything to death and I'm pissed off I missed most the weapons mods.

Nothing wrong with a good ole decimation