Are simpler dungeons better?

Are simpler dungeons better?

Attached: dungeons.jpg (2110x1100, 535.91K)

Right too complex for modern games

Simplicity and complexity have literally nothing to do with goodness or badness

complex for singleplayer, simple for multiplayer games. If the dungeon is complex in sp i wont feel pressured to rush through it by my faggot party members

god i need to move to Japan

people give shit to pooinloos for their over crowdedness but turn a blind eye to japan

this, on one hand you could say Daggerfall's dungeons are complex but they're by no means good, but on the other you could say King Field IV's dungeons are complex yet still good

Its our own fault games are shit. We applauded when automapping became standard and dungeons became easier to navigate but before we knew it we reached the point of cutscene hallways

Games, would preferably have one or two of the left, a handful of the right, and a bunch inbetween

No
even shit like automatically having maps (without first having to grind standings and then quest them) and having mini-maps casualises the fuck out of a game

Attached: 1385545330712.png (1268x942, 170.28K)

>Map Layout is designed around an easily accessible hub zone.

Attached: 99.jpg (678x381, 58.88K)

The secret is simple rules generate complex gameplay. This is what happens with games like backgammon (and go too, but I don't even know how go works).

Tokyo and Seoul metros are so fucking comfy bros.

Someone post the L. Maximum comfy.

The best kind of dungeon is one that looks intimidating at first glance but is easily navigable once you understand it, fun for newcomers and easy for veterans
(it's the purple ring. The purple ring lets you get to any transfer. Always bet on purple.)

Attached: Shanghai_Metro_Network_en.png (4500x4076, 2.16M)

Despite appearances, the dungeon on the right is geared to a far higher level player
The mobs are much better armed and come in bigger numbers

BrD... home...

Attached: Blackrock_Depths_loading_screen.jpg (800x600, 160.42K)

lol toronto blows dick
can't really be considered a real city

man I wish my city didn't use shitboxes. Bullet trains look so cool

metro
:|
metro, japan
:O

we have to admit that public transport in Japan is top tier
of course americans don't like that but that's just another issue

Japan has and had several problems that people usually don't know about. For example the bullet trains made access to large centers so fast that this broke the less competitive services of smaller cities. There are people there who criticize this model symbolized by moving many people in large areas and prefer something more spread out (ironically cars are the most efficient way to spread urban movement).

is this a stealth /n/ thread?

*large distances

Heh, nothing personnel, kid

Attached: nyc.jpg (1965x2076, 428.91K)

I get what you mean but complexity in theory means more mental stimulation = more fun. Obviously in practice this isn't always true and depends solely on good execution.

>Orange turns into three lines for no reason

Attached: 1650004946035.gif (128x128, 125.31K)

Toronto's subway lines are fucking shit

>oh no, public transport contains urban sprawl

>noooo you have to design the entire planet around the car!!!!!!!!!

The number of subway lines is way greater than the number of primary colors.

Orange is the B/D/F/M, blue is A/C/E, red is the 1/2/3 and green is the 4/5/6, yellow is N/R/Q. These all split at various points throughout the boroughs even though they share route in parts of Manhattan

A happy medium between the then and now. Have a clear path to the end boss with 3-5 bosses between start and him but have multiple paths beyond that if people want a full clear. Realistically with the way queueing works in the modern MMO, simple is by far best. In singleplayer, as long as the bigger dungeons aren't super tedious I'm perfectly fine with them. Especially if there isn't a carry limit or at least free teleports.

>it does it on both ends

Attached: 1655251471993.jpg (700x723, 53.49K)

Jesus I'm so fucking glad we moved to individual car ownership. Must suck to be a cityfag thinking being packed like sardines smelling like piss and shit on the subway is better