Steam Deck is now available in Japan

>Steam Deck is now available in Japan
Are you ready for 30-40% of the Japanese market being owned by Valve?

Attached: jpdeck.png (1576x502, 481.71K)

it's about time japan gets some freedom

mexico when?

Attached: 1615715563816.gif (400x267, 151.78K)

steam deck was an amazing deal for $400 last year
now eh. glad my preorder was delayed to the point that i could just build a new PC for a reasonable price instead of resorting to using a steam deck as a budget PC i'd keep docked to my monitors

maybe RDNA4 I'll consider it if it was actually available before RDNA5 was out

rewrote their constitution in 2 weeks.
rewrote their console consumption in 1.

usa is based.

>every jrpg will now have a steam port

Attached: 1353776231272.jpg (1200x1200, 294.41K)

whatto da fuk is a turak pado

Doubt Japanese can operate linux

They can literally ignore the Linux parts of the system and just use the deck UI. it's really that good for the most part.

They can't. OP is too stupid to know that the majority of the Japanese market is cell phones plus no physical products which means it will mostly be ignored.

fuck off retard.

Where do Nintendo handhelds fit in your model

Japanese are a bunch of autists and only play vn's, so I think they will do fine.

Just run it on the main Deck UI, it's not like the Japanese are going to be emulating things on it

>brazil
it's over latinx bro

Attached: 1645246684665.png (726x900, 490.1K)

Unless they release a fax machine attachment, this will flop.

u mad?

Because you're a biased cunt. I have around 700 games on my steam deck with mostly Japanese developed games and out of the box without some bullshit it runs maybe 20% of my library. Unless it's Capcom, Bandai or some other main stream developer you may as well fuck yourself in the ass because looking for obscure fixes is fucking awful, as well as having to map your controls for every fucking game lest you have to use some dumb cunts profile that sucks fucking shit and let's not forget that the most popular still selling pc game in Japan. Minecraft bedrock edition isn't on steam or Linux is and enjoy those import fees and no regional pricing

> plus no physical products which means it will mostly be ignored.
Ah yes, the country full of gacha addicts that spend thousands for jpgs on their mobile games. Surely they're the ones that will refuse to buy anything that's digital only.

>dl-site will suddenly have linux support

>available to reserve
Isn't it just a... reserve?
Not even a pre-order.

Ah yes, the 78th UMPC available in japan should finally be a success

I gotchu bro

Attached: 1659574737918.png (1228x2048, 635.63K)

Nintendo is a Japanese handheld. I don't know if you know this but uh
Corporate branding and recognition is fucking huge in Japan. Nintendo will make it easy peazy there just for being Japanese and Nintendo makes literally billions on merchandising alone

Does it play higurashi/umineko?

You're quite delusion if you think
>valve will produce anywhere near enough to sell at these volumes
>japan will suddenly collectively not be tech illiterate anymore and not be fucking confused by the concept of per game settings and freedom in game configuration in general

lmfao cant wait for the refunds and bad reviews. Japan is not a PC country, handheld PC or not.

Can't it run some Windows embedded?

Jesus Christ the switch days are numbered if this is legit.

Ok, so it's more like "Japanese market is cell phones, and Japanese physical products, and no physical products"

Ah yes the country that literally took Xbox series X/S off the shelf because it was hurting merchandising sales with gamepass will surely be stoked about a digital only option

If the Deck takes off in Japan then Sony is basically done for.

The GPU drivers on windows are shit for the most part. Running it with windows will gimp your gaming experience.

OCEbros...
SEAbratans...
SPIClads...

How we feeling right now?

This does more damage to Sony than anyone but valve can't even produce enough for the people that already reserved them in the UK/US and UMPCs are already a thing in japan

>he thinks they will stop buying nintendo and sony products
lol, lmao

I work in a lab in Japan and we have some Linux machines. I've also noticed a few of my kouhai in their early-mid 20s have gaming PCs. There's a little hope for the next generation.

it's over

It's over, the last barrier keeping Japan from understanding computer technology has failed. The future belongs to the yellow man

Attached: 1535389313966.jpg (797x800, 105.94K)

Retailers aren't consumers and wasn't that only one chain that did that?

>>he thinks they will stop buying nintendo and sony products

Attached: file.png (3124x355, 127.95K)

They're not buying that giant ass thing. Unless valve can pull a rabbit out of their ass and reduce the size, it's not happening. Japan, like every Asian country, is primarily mobile gaming

The deck isn't comparable to a umpc.

It's like a switch but more powerful.

Nintendo needs to make a switch 2 already or it's over for them.

>3 units sold

Attached: 1642644054929.jpg (219x138, 7.24K)

Sony yes, and this will bite into Nintendo hardware sales but not software, obviously

To be fair, people said the same thing about how big the switch is compared to previous handhelds. No doubt, the deck is fucking massive, but I don't really feel confident in saying I know what the upper bound here is

No quite a few did also retailers in Japan absolutely are consumers since as I stated corporate branding is huge there. If your favorite store says thing bad most Japanese people that see that will parrot that. Kind of like how Any Forums keeps thinking the steam deck will somehow kill the company that makes billions every year selling plastic balls and figurines of little girls because their favorite youtuber told them so

Uhhhh Gaben?

What about Australia??? Hello?

Damn.
Anyway, anyone ran Crysis on it?

They buy the Hori Split Pad Pro and there's no difference in terms of size

Attached: swit.png (988x772, 1.02M)