ARPG/Hack-and-Slash Thread

Post and discuss your favorites. Old games are welcome.

Attached: Grim Dawn.jpg (1500x1500, 472.21K)

Does anyone know if Victor Vran is good? It's on sale on gog, thinking about grabbing it but I've heard mixed things about it.

I tried the first and found it really bad.

I can't tell if my build is shit, or if the bosses are tougher than in diablo 2. Actually, scratch that. They are tougher.

>still in act 1
>make it to the caves with gorgons
>killed the few outside w/out trouble
>go into the cave and get murdered by three gorgon queens who all attack me at the same time
>try again a couple times
>get killed 3 times
>exit game

I'm using storm skills and when I run out of mana I switch to melee. (I'm planning on doing dream as my next one.) And yes, I looked up a guide that told me to kill the one with healing first, but I couldn't get them to separate. Should I respec? The wiki said the fight "could be really hard or a cakewalk depending on your build" and I also had trouble with the centaur you have to kill to talk to the spartans.

Attached: Titan Quest.jpg (1200x600, 190.46K)

I heard Titan Quest got fucked by a recent update. What happened to it?

grim dawn lategame sucks absolute cock without mods and cheatengine , no way to beat it unless you cheat it.

What's so bad about it?

you mean it's too easy right? right? surely you don't have problems in such a fucking easy game, the main problem with GD is you can faceroll everything and ignore any enemy with literally dozens of builds that not only facetank everything but also deal 20% of a world boss's HP per second.

the only game in this genre I liked was diablo 2, tried grim dawn, poe, titan quest, diablo 3 found them all pretty boring desu.

I beat everything on hardcore

I have tried GD several times, and the game is piss boring no matter what I do
which is a shame, because I dig the setting

imagine getting filtered by a fucking diablo clone. jesus christ

have you tried veteran? I found GD's base difficulty to be mindlessly easy to the point where i couldnt even understand what the devs had in mind when they set the numbers. I took me awhile to realize it was actually pretty interesting.

It still is the best.

They botched d2r with annoying bugs, crashes and loading times but it is still better than anything else in the genre.

We can only hope that they add new areas and maps because runewords and minor glitch fixes are not enough to keep most people entertained.

Thought I‘d give Fate a go but the clunky gameplay makes it so fucking outdated.

I have. It just doesn't hold my interest. Though it does keep me for longer than torchlight 2 ever did

>I'm using storm skills and when I run out of mana I switch to melee
Your priority on most builds is to max your left click skill. In your case, this shit. Also why are you using melee, you're a mage. Get a stuff.

Attached: 1659056715292063.png (74x195, 9.33K)

The problem I had with it was that health and mana potions never dropped from enemies. Idk if it was a bug or what, but it sucked.

>Why are you using melee, you're a mage
I was originally going to get warfare or defense for my second mastery, but I was told they don't work well together. My main attack is the ive shard.

Yeah they rarely drop but that’s not an issue since there‘s a vendor with lots of potions in town

>I was originally going to get warfare or defense for my second mastery, but I was told they don't work well together
Not true, it's just that early melee is extremely slow and hard for newbies if you don't know what you're doing. Just speedrun into Battle Standard in warfare tree which is one of the best skill in the game that absolutely melt bosses.
>My main attack is the ive shard
Yeah, just respec and get yourself staff with ice or lightning type. I hope you have some Zeus relics.