What is the best PC game not on Steam?

What is the best PC game not on Steam?

Attached: Untitled.jpg (1024x768, 261.83K)

Other urls found in this thread:

myabandonware.
gog-games.
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

the blizzard classics

Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay (NOT Dark Athena)
>20 year old tech looking this good

Attached: riddick 2004.webm (640x360, 2.94M)

Was this the game that Vin Diesel commissioned because he didn't like the licensed Riddick games?

Heroes of Might & Magic III.

>not on Steam
Well, not anymore.

Attached: Riddick.png (524x366, 292.78K)

Question. When you say not Dark Athena do you just mean the extra bit that is added by the Dark Athena version of the game or were there changes to things like gameplay or lighting that affects the base game as well?

Not him and as for gameplay changes, I'm not sure. The lighting is overall worse in the BB remaster that comes with Dark Athena. Since they wanted the two games to appear seamless, they added a dark blue filter over BB that can't be toggled off. Just makes everything look worse than the original.

License expired. Not worth the money for the publisher to relicense. That's why most games are removed.

>PC game
Wasn't it an Xbox title that was later ported to PC?

Dark Athena adds a blue filter to the game which a lot of people hate, and it got rid of the Doom 3-style shadow volumes for more traditional lighting, which still looks great because does change the tone of the game a lot.

However, Dark Athena does restore some really good cut content areas and makes some strict graphical improvements as well...and Dark Athena itself is a good game.

Yeah, it came out on original Xbox summer of 2004 and then ported to PC sometime around November or December.

I hate that the Darkness isn't on PC. I have it on PS3 (the last console I owned) and I loved it, but I tried to replay it last year, and the upscaled 720p @ silky smooth 24fps just doesn't cut it anymore.

Yeah, that's another one I wish came over. I have the Darkness II on PC but have been waiting to emulate the first one before trying the 2nd.

I am envy

Attached: 1588451926961.jpg (540x405, 34.41K)

Excessive damage to flashlight power source due to impact
Estimated time to failure: Six minutes

Attached: 1645956476421.gif (128x164, 458.45K)

I'm trolling, I don't have the Steam versions of either, I just imported them. You can still get both versions for free on PC.
Escape from Butcher Bay - myabandonware. com/game/the-chronicles-of-riddick-escape-from-butcher-bay-cog
Dark Athena - gog-games. com/game/the_chronicles_of_riddick_assault_on_dark_athena
I'm not sure if Any Forums allows direct links so I spaced the (dot) and com.

Soldier of Fortune 2

u jelly

Attached: 234623.jpg (2777x851, 215.18K)

that's not butcher bay, retard

Attached: 352927-Alpha-Protocol-Header-1200x666-1.jpg (1200x666, 138.32K)

I really couldn't care less about playing a version with a filter on it, still looks and plays great