BIG NEWS HARVESTELLA BROS!!!

BIG NEWS HARVESTELLA BROS!!!....
NEW INFORMATION JUST GOT REVEALED!
>UPGRADEABLE FISHING ROD
>CONFIRMED
square-enix-games.com/en_US/news/fresh-look-harvestella

Attached: hero.jpeg.jpg (400x225, 22.14K)

But can you fuck the dragon?

Can you fuck in the game though?

is there marriage tho

What the fuck is Harvestella? The name alone sounds like a shitty grindgame they tried to give a "unique" name to but it's pretty forced.

genuine question, what does marriage/relationships/waifufaggotry have anything to do with a farming sim? Is it just a hokey staple of the "genre" because rune factory and stardew valley do it?

it adds extra shit to do for me

>content
but then why look for that specific mechanic, if it's just more content/grind, wouldn't your only concern be how much content the game has? It feels like if the game had more to do than stardew valley without the marriage component, people would still be upset. Just seems silly, a genre that's just about growing crops and incremental growth/progress is essentially defined by its waifu mechanics.

>farming sim game gets announced
>MARRIAGE?!?!?!
>game from any other genre gets announced
>people discussing the actual subject matter, setting and mechanics/systems of the game
you people are fucking weird

Dunno. I personally don't like it that much. Sure, cute girls are cute and all that, but usually contributes barely anything to the the gameplay.
>Get married
>Your wife doesn't help you with the farm
>Doesn't help you collecting shit
>Doesn't add any perks to socialize with the village
>Doesn't open new quests
What's the purpose? Once you get married or, get a child with her doesn't do anything. And in some old Harvest Moon she can actually abandone you so, yeah, I'm glad Harvestella doesn't have marriage

>>people discussing the actual subject matter, setting and mechanics/systems of the game
since when? and where?
all I see is stale bait and shazamposting

Can you really call yourself a farmer if you havent harvested a baby from your wives snatch

I just don't get it. I thought the games were supposed to be about farming, maximizing profits/yields, upgrading your farm to include more stuff/bigger plots, using your crops to craft into other shit to sell for better profits (production chain). But it really seems like the fans of the series, at least the vocal ones, only care about waifushit. Like you said, cute girls are cute, not saying don't have them in games, but who gives a fuck about the stipulation if you can marry them or not? Unless they were like that janky agarest franchise, whether or not theres marriage in these games seems largely irrelevant and nothing more than a bait for waifufags.

>my reasons for playing a shitty mobile game are more valid than yours!
Get over yourself retard

I don't even play these games retard. The closest thing you could say I've played from this genre was fantasy life on the 3ds and I never touched the farming because farming is boring as fuck. It just seems so bizarre to me. It's like if a new racing game came out and you saw multiple threads of people having meltdowns that you can't marry the racers. The fuck does it have anything to do with the GAMEPLAY or SETTING. Nothing.

I am here to seed.

>still no mention of marriage, just that higher closeness levels make npcs more effective in battle
Well if I do end up getting it at least I can just play the girl so I don't have to be staring at some faggot femboy for 50+ hours

>Mobile game
Even shit like Slim Rancher has some depth, user. The thing we're discussing is what is the purpose of marriage in farming/rpg-farming games when never adds anything.

Honestly, why the genre has no multigenerational mechanics? That way marriage would actually have a purpose
>Get married with one of the village girls
>Have a child
>Your MC dies but now you play as your child
>Inherit the farm
>Depending of what you did, your child gets some perks
>As your child, you get married to a new girl
>Repeat
That shit will be actually interesting and now marriage is not only waifubait, finally has a purpose. And is weird, old ass 16 bit games had these mechanics, why not implement them in farming games?

Demigods fear me
Women loves me
And yet...I FISH.

>what does marriage/relationships/waifufaggotry have anything to do with a farming sim?
A big part of being a farmer is finding a woman to settle down with and bear your children so the farm can continue to thrive when you either get too old to look after it or die.

RF2 kinda did that where your children would take over since the MC disappears and everyone hated it, I guess because you were playing as 8 year olds and you could only get pretend married.

Is it just on PC and Switch?

I have both of those things but I'm trying to find something to play on my damn PS5 here.

>genre has certain expectations set after decades of harvest moon
>surprised when hope to see them in games doing something similar

Racing games never had marriage as part of it's roots though, this does.

follow up genuine question, do people who are actually upset at the prospect of no marriage in this play romance VNs? Because I'm trying to think of games where the entire purpose of playing is centered around being able to choose who you are arbitrarily married to, and the immediate thought was "VNs". I feel like the only people who give a shit about this stuff are also big fans of VNs, which would tell me a lot about the fanbase.

are you kidding? a wife adds like another layer of chore optimization to the mix, now add children and you're basically playing 4D chess

I wouldn't mind an F-Zero game where C. Falcon marries Jody and then you play as the badass C. Falcon son

No, it's a staple of the genre because Harvest Moon did it.

sure bud, sure.

Attached: 1358023327986.gif (245x285, 933.28K)

Attached: 1643956942228.png (1280x720, 1.32M)