What am I in for?

what am I in for?

Attached: Alphaprotocol.png (647x785, 644.04K)

Fucking (unpolished) masterpiece

TURN UP
THE RADIO

pistols are op

Will we ever get a remake/mod that fixes it?

Use shotguns, most fun weapon.

You'll have a Hecking good time and leave a lot of orphans. A lot of orphans.

Terrible checkpoints and mediocre everything else. I tried for the third time recently to get into this game and it's just painfully bland.

doubtful. Obsidian doesn't own the rights.

Janky diamond in the rough. Remember it's an RPG first, a shooter second; treat guns and combat, if you go that route, as though it were a linear stat progress as though you were playing D&D, rather than as if you were playing a proper shooter. The same gun at level 1 pistol skill will do 50x more damage at level 10 pistol skill, as well has have 50x better accuracy and stability. Avoid any and all spoilers or trying to figure out 'what will this choice do', and the only real tip you need is that unlike shitty RPGs, choices really do fucking matter here. And I mean matter in the sense of, if you kill someone in Act 1, they're just dead. If you don't kill them, they can become a main handler with 4 hours of dialogue later. The story is not expressly spelt out for you; you're a spy. Use your head, read the lore/info, read between the lines and understand that everyone WILL be lying to you to some degree and it's up to you to figure out who is actually on the up and up, and who's manipulating you.

Attached: TURN UP.gif (500x281, 888.38K)

Plus imagine it being made by modern Obsidian. Oh wowee me just what everyone always wanted, Alpha Protocol with all the """charm""" of the people who gave us the Outer Worlds.

>Why yes, I did have a friendly relationship with every single character in the game

Attached: maxresdefault (1).jpg (1280x720, 64.66K)

It's the only game I know of that being an asshole actually means being an asshole, complete with people breaking off connections with you and closing opportunities.

If a game that takes "roleplaying" that seriously excites you, you'll love it. If that doesn't get you going, you'll probably think it's trash.

I adore that they didn't go the basic bullshit 'Good points good bad points bad' route, and that being super friendly with some characters can actually be more harmful than being super antagonistic. I recall at least two examples where, if you are too friendly with one of your handler, they will actually sabotage a mission unintentionally because they're trying to keep you safe and don't want you to take a 'riskier' but better rewarding route. And conversely, one of the only ways to get a different character on your side in the end parts of the game is to have a heavy rivalry stat with them, as they will only swap to the correct side to spite you because they refuse to let you 'win'.

Note that being an asshole =/= being a rival. It's possible to be a dick to people while still keeping them on your team, and in some cases you can actually get better stats if you establish a rivalry with someone rather than being friendly. Of course you can also just full on be a cunt and shoot people for no reason, you have complete freedom.

Heh.

Attached: There was no rock.gif (500x269, 882.32K)

I really wish that there was a Delta Green game in this style especially since there doesn't seem be that many espionage related games. I just want a game where you're a CIA case officer and you have to turn people into your assets via persuasion,bribery or force.

Attached: 1637714008408.jpg (3200x3205, 2.91M)

Right, my point was just that it's maybe the only non-text-VN game I can think of where people don't just shrug and smile off you being an unmitigated cunt to them. I don't think it's the best way to play Alpha Protocol, but it's pretty astounding that this is the game of all games that actually tries to offer you choices and follow through with consequences.

>Imperial Agent in SWTOR
>Alpha Protocol
>???
People just hate the idea of being an actual secret agent I guess. Stuff like 007 games or Splinter Cell are purely about combat and stealth, but I agree, there's so few games where a solid 50% of your time is spent just actually being a CIA operative where you're bugging locations, torturing people, investigating, etc.

I know their a meme but can Alpha Protocol run well on a gaming laptop?

>all these different handlers
>same one for 90% of the game

Correct me if I'm wrong but can't you fucking CHOOSE your handlers for basically every mission? If you had the same handler it was because you either pissed everyone else off or you just liked them more. Almost every mission had at least 2 options.