What’s their problem?

Nintendo more than any other company has a massive library and history of games. Why aren’t capitalizing on it? Why isn’t there an N64 classic, a Kirby edition game & watch, GameCube games on the switch, etc? I don’t get it

Attached: 26988E2A-794F-41EE-ADD6-B2508E438F84.jpg (720x740, 84.49K)

Furukawa is a hack.

The rarity increases their value

You do think they would acquire at least one studio who they could put to work remastering games. They're just sitting on shit like the Metroid Prime Trilogy, Wind Waker, and F-Zero GX, which could be filling gaps in their release schedule.

Nostalgia is nice until you actually play 80% of the N64 library and have to deal with broken janky cameras, slippery platforming, and confusing vague level design. How long do you really think the average zoomer would play something like Earthworm Jim 3D before throwing the controller into the wall.

theyre doing the minimum and making more than they ever have. they arent experimenting or innovating in any way while their games are breaking records.
why the fuck would they do more? so people can be happier with them? the masses are already happy. doing more costs money, and wont always make them more. theyre a public company. they are legally required to make as much money as possible. the goal isnt to be better; just be good enough. iwata didnt understand this because he actually was a gamer and a creative at heart, but every future nintendo executive will be a businessman that does.
you will have the bare minimum and be happy.

Attached: 1659494012595.gif (225x255, 2.41M)

They want to increase the price of NSO but cant do that jack up all at once. So they slowly add features and increase the price over time.

Two of those probably will happen.

Not the 64 Classic though. Not enough games to fill it.

It depends on the person, my 9yo sibling loves EWJ and Sonic 2. They started to get into super metroid

Literally no one suggested they port Earthworm Jim 3D.
It's not even a Nintendo game. Are you stupid?

It would seem to make sense, to pay the probably low costs to port/remaster a game like say Pikmin, just to keep that series present in people's minds, and test the waters to see if a new Pikmin would do well.
I can't really think of any justification for not doing this, other than Nintendo being stubborn about who they let develop their games, and wanting to do it all in-house.
Although even then, that completely unnecessary Advance Wars remake got greenlit, so I have no idea.

Are you? You can't sell a piece of nostalgia bait hardware with just first party games. Everyone has played those games to death, on better machines. You need third party games and most of them, outside of shit made by Acclaim, are not good.

>Why isn’t there an N64 classic
too expensive to be worth it. controller is more expensive to make, you need more powerful hardware to emulate n64, and half of the library would have to be licensed from Rare.
>Kirby edition game & watch
might still happen, I wouldn't discount the possibility just yet.
>GameCube games on the switch
Switch isn't powerful enough. Mario Sunshine needed multiple emulator specific optimizations to get working and even still lags at some parts.

I understand your general sentiment that they could do better, but ultimately that's just not where the money is right now. legacy gaming is a much more niche market, so it makes sense to cater more towards collectors with limited run releases.

Every time Nintendo rerelease their games, they're actively reducing their value. GameCube prices are only through the roof, because Nintendo has rarely rereleased any of those games. As an example, since Super Mario 3D All Stars came out, Super Mario Sunshine's CIB price has more than halved.

Miyamoto should've left instead of Iwata....

small indie company prease understand

everything you listed would be shit on by youtubers and immediately sour the mood tword them.

Attached: D-aM46FXkAAWLiF.jpg (943x945, 44.73K)

Who gives a fuck what Youtubers think?

Your next line is going to be 'No one, just like tripfags'

>theyre doing the minimum and making more than they ever have. they arent experimenting or innovating in any way while their games are breaking records. why the fuck would they do more?
>the masses are already happy.

Well geese when you put it like that, guess things are pretty well and fucked now. I'd mentally moved on a while ago, but it really doesn't look like old Nintendo will ever come back.

Attached: 1658698437327640.jpg (500x381, 41.14K)

The average zoomer doesn't do anything for more than 5 minutes since they have the attention span of a goldfish.

Why would you ever assume they would when the old Nintendo was bankrupt and new is rich

>ifunny

miyamoto never has and never will be the problem with nintendo.
he's probably pissed that they wont let him make his wilder ideas anymore. they just have him stuck overseeing shit he wanted to drop decades ago, so he's probably so restrictive about them out of spite.
old nintendo died with the release of the gamecube, but i preferred the new nintendo anyways. new nintendo died with iwata, and we've been especially fucked since furukawa took kimishima's place.