Is this item balanced?

Is this item balanced?

Attached: 6666565.png (1000x995, 548.41K)

Yes.

No.

Maybe.

By the fact that the person who gets it has basically no reason not to use it.

Can you repeat the question?

Is this balance itemed?

A bit less now. It was better back when the 1st place racer had the option of hitting the breaks and trying to let someone else take the lead to shake it off.

it fucking sucks to be hit by one in an online match but it's not the MOST annoying weapon in the world.

I don't understand why DD through Wii gave it wings and made it hit only the guy in first. The guy in last who threw it isn't going to be helped very much by that.

You can't do that anymore?

Are you implying that you can't do that anymore?

It’s almost like Nintendo’s mainline racing series is geared towards the mentally retarded and they don’t really give a shit.

>Run race perfectly
>Mouth breathing retard at the back fires this off and you fall to 5th
No

yes, mario kart isn't competitive, its a party game

Nope, all it does is start shit. It doesn't help people who are losing badly enough to get it and it only attacks who is doing the best. It has no meaningful interactions with any racer inbetween, it exclusively lets an unskilled player potentially ruin a skilled player's day. Chaos for the sake of chaos.

triple red shell is way worse

It can fuck anyone on its path

In DS (and I think most games) the Blue Shell probability hangs around 4th-6th (rather than dead last which is what people seem to assume), a very chaotic placement to be at.
I think the intended purpose of the blue shell would be to shake up the 1st-3rd standings which are usually pretty safe from interference beyond Lightning, making it easier for middle-of-the-pack players.
1st player has big lead -> gets hit by blue shell or stalls to hit 2nd player -> 1st-3rd places are more contested and large leads are lessened -> greater chance for middle-place players to affect the game

low IQ

Isn't that only in the earlier games?
Pretty sure it flies above the pack in 8

No

Attached: blue.webm (1920x1080, 2.98M)

>play mario kart
>be good at it
>get first place because you're good at the game
>get fucked up by some shitter who got lucky despite making no mistake
it's absolute trash and is the reason I refuse to touch this game