WHY did it flop?

>godlike soundtrack
>fun gameplay
>good designs, there are cute yokai, cool yokai, sexy yokai, silly yokai, weird yokai, It's just perfect
>sexy loli and shota protagonists
>kino final boss theme
>teaches kids good lessons like crossing the road on green
>good exploration
>good post-game
I fucking hate westerners and their shit taste, this series is pure kino

Attached: 1646305696830.png (385x352, 344.01K)

They went all in on trying to win over the western markets instead of just focusing on the region where Yokai was doing extremely well at (Japan)
They actually crushed Pokemon in Japan but they took all their profits and ran their business into the ground trying too hard to sway westerners.

Collecting Yo-Kai was painful.

kill yourself ESL shittaste

>WHY did it flop?
it didn't

Attached: FYqJHtPXkAAMJib.jpg (1200x1200, 400.44K)

Catching the little buggers can take like 70 resets, and heaven forbid you play 3 on an actual 3ds because it saves just before the battle so you can't savescum without states.

Also they put like 0 attention to it in the west.

This.
And they did that dumb thing Pokemon did with two seperate games for 2. I am glad they stopped that nonsense.
I do like the series as a whole still.

absolutely didn't flop compared to what flops actually look like
but compared to the hype the media and other fags were throwing on it at the start, it absolutely flopped in comparison
the raw numbers probably gave that "Pokemon Killer" angle a lot more merit than usual, which pulled in even more people
however as a franchise it succeeded and now it's still chugging along, even if mostly in its home country

But the 'Merican yokai were good and silly and Inaho is my daughterwife.. did japan really not like 3? I'm not american and I loved it
>japanese only mobile game
>collab that they probably only got because Korone likes yokai watch
anyways I downloaded this and I'm stuck in the last 4 battles of the event because I can't read japanese, the fuck do I do? just level up more? these bitches 3HKO me
4 Localization never ever

Attached: 1645158800572.jpg (600x338, 42.37K)

Attached: 1648997563846.png (403x529, 191.75K)

>one opportunity per day to recruit certain yokai
>way too easy
They're pretty good but holy fuck just let me recruit don chan.

Attached: 1659482570153.gif (270x368, 1.33M)

‘Merican yo-kai sort of suck because none of them are based on American folklore. No wendigo, no Sasquatch, no mothman. At most there was a UFO but no aliens. There really should have been a flatwoods monster.

>wtf is a yokai? some kind of egg???

bruh

I guess you're right, I'd have loved cryptid yokai, flatwoods monster would have been great, fresno nightcrawler... the list goes on

I do think they still had some great designs however, the darwin yokai is incredible

Attached: 1641237449126.png (538x617, 407.57K)

>Constantly churn spin offs and main games.
>Anime don't go anywhere and whole IP lose identity over time.

All that on a spawn of a decade. Those fucktards milked too fucking fast.

Attached: 1659474338765836.jpg (546x488, 57.4K)

Now hol da fuk up

'Merican Yo-kai were underwhelming because a fuckton of them were stereotypes adapted in a lame way (Supersize Gramps, BBQvil, etc.) or just Japanese-to-English jokes that they thought would be enough to warrant an entire Yo-Kai design for some reason (Oh Wheel, Oh Bah Gah, Speedemountain, OMGator, why are there so fucking many of these seriously?).
3 had some real fucking good ones like Professor Plumage, El Gutso, Ashura, Last Nyanmurai, Whyvern King, etc., but a dissapointing amount of them were like if Slicenrice (or Onigiri) was just an anthropomorphized riceball man without any of the clever wordplay in Japanese. It created this weird dichotomy where you'll be Japanese to understand the pun but will feel utterly disconnected form what it's supposed to be referencing, or you can be American and understand the concept being shown but have no idea why it warranted a design all its own because of the localized name and ignorance of the Japanese language causing the joke to fly by you in its entirety.

Attached: 1656322207023.png (400x440, 153.85K)

>>fun gameplay
no, honey
no

if you had fun, that's cool, but people have played more than one videogame so they know better than that

Oversaturation in Japan and under supported everywhere else.

It's so explicitly for kids I can't take it. Pokemon at least has actual battles and not this arcadey sort of bullshit.

It didn't flop, it burned out. Level 5 pumped out too many games too quickly and people just got tired of it. Pokemon releases a new pair of mainline games every 3 years. Imagine if they had released Gold, Silver and Crystal all in one year, and those were released only 1 year after Red and Green. That's what happened with Yokai Watch 1 and 2.